Kid Icarus Uprising appreciation thread

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
It's come to my attention that nobody seems to talk about this game anymore unless they're using it as a Smash scapegoat. It makes me sick to my gut to see such a perfectly well-made game get demoted to nothing but.

It has one of the greatest production values of any Nintendo game I've ever played. The story, the characters, and the tight gameplay (wonky controls aside...). Too bad we won't be seeing a sequel to it.

Who else here has played it? Did you enjoy it thoroughly? Do you think games in other franchises should be made like this more often?

Well, Kid Icarus Uprising is not one of my favorite games, however, it is a really good experience.
To me, the dialogue is what makes the game so charming. I also really enjoy that it is based on mithology, but still bringing new and original ideas.

As for Pit in Smash, I can't play as him. I usually play as Palutena as a "reserve" or "pocket" character, like a last resort sort of character...

Unfortunately, to me, the game suffers a bit from the "Smash" influence, in which it's too fast and sometimes not as intuitive to play.
With that said, I can play this game again and again (even with the controls being off for me) just because it's such a warm and fun game to play.

(I have a secret admiration for Palutena, but that's just between us, ok?)

I also like how the weapon system works, there are so many choices and collecting all of them is quite the challenge!

Nice topic! I'll be back to read more for sure!

I was actually considering to make a general Kid Icarus series thread until my Mother obsession took over again, but I digress, it's not like it really mattters.

Anyway KI Uprising, I do like the game a lot, the flying sections feel a bit like a more agile Arwing playstyle, it looks great, , has a good soundtrack, fun characters and has great replay value, thanks to how much you can experiment with weapons and the many difficulty levels. So I do like it, althought I will say that the ground combat can be very unwieldly at times, because of a combination of the camera and controls, now granted I don't find the controls bad and got used to them fairly quickly, but they do have their problems and I'd be lying if I said that they can't be an issue at times.

Other than that I think it's a good game, I'd even say a very good one and I do hope that a sequel will come one day, but I'm not expecting one any time soon.

oh, KI:U is one of my favorite 3ds titles, and probably one of the only games i still play for the 3ds.
admittedly, the controls are definitely a compromise for the limitations of the 3ds controls, but they're still customizable. to be honest, the ground combat and the multiplayer is what usually brings me back to the game. there are very few games, especially handheld, that are as fast paced as this.

unfortunately, i think sakurai said that there likely wont be a sequel, but then again...

The gameplay is pretty fun, with a wide variety of weapons and powers at your disposal, and the control is pretty good in both types of sections. Also, the writing is fantastic, with every character from the game being funny and memorable. I really like this game, though I haven't played it much due to how it necessitates a steady hand (which I have issues with).

LoveloveloveloveLOVE Kid Icarus. Uprising's my favorite game, bar none. It just feels so arcade-like, and there's a decent amount of customization. The voice acting/dialogue give it enough character to make every chapter interesting!

Back