Long running things you didn't realize

That is plausible or perhaps the most common standard colors.
gameboy-color.jpg

Colors produced Edit
See also: List of Game Boy colors and styles § Game Boy Color

The Atomic Purple Game Boy Color system has a purple tinted transparent case. It is a standard color.
The logo for Game Boy Color spelled out the word "COLOR" in the five original colors in which the unit was manufactured. They were named:

Berry (C)
Grape (O)
Kiwi (L)
Dandelion (O)
Teal (R)
Another color released at the same time was "Atomic Purple", made of a transparent purple plastic that was also used on the color-respective Nintendo 64 controller.

Other colors were sold as limited editions or in specific countries.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Boy_Color

Theory was right yet again *ego bloats by 2 points*

I think nowadays it's more likely for portable consoles to get that sort of treatment. They sort of did that with the new 3DS and its faceplates.

I just realized as a result of this discussion; most consoles these days seem to come in black and maybe white. If they come in any other color, odds are, it's a limited edition. And as time goes on, even that isn't guaranteed.

I'm sure I missed something, but that's what I see. It's not any real issue, since these days, I'm happy with any color, but I do admit, as much as I would have liked a pink PS4, it'd look odd and silly. Like me.

There are console skins, but still. Probably more cost effective, and I suppose I don't recall many colors of consoles, but I admit, there seemed to be more variety between competing consoles, and now it's black or white regardless.

I'm glad some companies' controllers still have variety to them, though that's probably more out of necessity (since many controllers are wireless these days).

The Switch seems to be more gray...which is still more monochrome than blue or purple or yellow. Or green, red and pink.

I feel like the multiple colored consoles thing was chiefly a late 90s early 2000s Nintendo thing since outside of that most consoles typically look like other contemporary electronics and came in a standard, unremarkable color.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
Back