Mario Kirby Meisaku Video (feat. Wario, of course)

thegoodguyslose

humma humma ding a D O N G !
I just wanted to call attention to this weird little educational video with Wario in it. It's where my current icon comes from. I don't have much of an idea about the story, but I thought the illustrations were pretty on-model and the voices are interesting since they come from a pre-Martinet era. (Let me know if the link doesn't work, I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing.)

And now you've heard Wario voiced by the voice actress of Luffy from One Piece! Strange how those things work.

''The video's Mario segment shows that the treasure of a certain school has been pilfered by the "mysterious thief W". Princess Peach informs Mario of this, and he responds by searching out this mysterious thief, soon identified as Wario. After a run-in with various enemies and crashing his Kart into a lake, Mario locates the perpetrator. He grabs a Carrot and becomes Bunny Mario (from Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins), who beats Wario in his plane, recovering the lost treasure (which is revealed to be a box full of comic books) and saving the day. ''

That't the premise according to Mariowiki.

Either way, certainly a curious piece of Mario/Wario history and the illustrations do look quite nice for something that likely had no budget to speak of.

Back