Mario's Nightmare Quest (Wario content inside)

Now enemies have world specific themes:

MNQ_00002.png

MNQ_00009.png

MNQ_00010.png

MNQ_00011.png

MNQ_00012.png

(the levels are not real levels, and are there to test the graphics)

Basically, now every world has its own enemy theme/graphics set. Like Christmas creatures in the ice world, pirates in the desert world, city enemies in the city world, forest creatures in the forest world, desert creatures in the desert world, spooky ones in the haunted world, etc. Adds a bit more flavour in my book.

Reactions: 607
It's still going, somewhat slowly. A bunch of levels got redesigned, a bunch more got redesigned recently, and I still need to get around to finishing the rest of it/not wasting time on whatever fancy tech is being released this week.

It's still going, somewhat slowly. A bunch of levels got redesigned, a bunch more got redesigned recently, and I still need to get around to finishing the rest of it/not wasting time on whatever fancy tech is being released this week.
Why does this sound like how I make everything

View attachment 8453
View attachment 8454

Basically, now every world has its own enemy theme/graphics set. Like Christmas creatures in the ice world, pirates in the desert world, city enemies in the city world, forest creatures in the forest world, desert creatures in the desert world, spooky ones in the haunted world, etc. Adds a bit more flavour in my book.
Seeing these images makes me want to see (the EarthBound version of) Magicant as a level theme

Unfortunately, why the sprite sheet has Metroid, Mega Man and Donkey Kong Country style enemy sheets, Mother/Earthbound is not one of the series represented.

Otherwise yeah, I'd probably include a level or two based on that series as well.

Back