Microgames you did/didn't like?

I'd say that the one I can definitely say I didn't like is that one maestro microgame in Smooth Moves. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's highly unresponsive for some reason, and it's very likely I'll lose a life if I play it, leaving me to hope either I have enough tries to make at least one mistake, or that I get lucky and somehow get it to work just enough for me to win.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Burying_the_Hatchet
The game itself is simple enough, but what makes this game interesting to me are the in universe implications.
Some of Wario's microgames in the original game had him upstage Mario in some kind of fashion, as if to spite him, those kind of games stopped showing up from Twisted onwards and instead we got this, almost as if there was an actual make up between the two in universe.

As for microgames I don't like: Wario De Mambo....
Nothing else needs to be said....

I always felt cheated that a lot of Microgames in the original were just "rapidly press A to win" like several games are like that.

In addition to what has been said and I agree with (though my favorite Gold Digger is the original one)... wow, it'll take a while for me to think and remember...other than microgames from the original WarioWare, I can't remember most of them from top of head. I should rather find a list to recall them more quickly. Okay, a long time later, done in the comments below.

Disliked:

* The Orbulon one in the first game where you had to spin some gears to save a little boy. It was funny when you lost and he screamed, but it always made me try to think too hard and not enough time.
* The one in Smooth Moves with the silly papery sumo dudes (one of them was a Wario and looked funny). The controls were unresponsive...

Liked:

* "Super Wario Bros." from the original: I laughed just so hard the first time I played it.
* Wario Whirled. I remember the name because it was so funny when you failed and Wario fell off.
* Dungeon Dilemma. I just love its mockery of very old RPGs, and the music is just so silly and catchy.
* The Jimmy Ski microgame from the original. I just loved to fail and see the little dude roll down the mountain.
* The Jimmy acrobatics one where you jump on a trampoline and land atop of a group of swimming dudes. Failing is hilarious to me in there because of all the buildup from jumping and bouncing pretty high.
* Pretty much everything 9-Volt, except those bandit/gun ones. Special mention to the one where Link picks the Master Swords and becomes an old man or a cuckoo.
* The KatAna one in the original where you're one of the worms in a puddle and must get to dry ground. The concept is funny, and I like how the worm becomes all happy and waving its head with music notes around it.
* The KatAna boss microgame in the original. Was really fun and had cute music.
* The Jimmy karate chop one from the original, because when you fail, the dude's hand goes red and he lets out a funny scream.
* All of the DriSpitz ninja ones in the original, because the silly music always made me laugh.
* The Crygor one in the original where you're a bunch of silly realistic-looking people impaired by GBA graphical limitations and you must keep a watermelon bouncing (I especially love the first level where you bounce the fruit with a dude's belly).
* The Crygor one in the original where you must match the vegetables, and winning gives them very silly faces.
* The Wario Anything Goes one in the original where Wario is a cockroach and must push a golf ball into the hole. It's such a crazy and hilarious idea.
* Pretty much everything involving noses.
* Pretty much all transformation ones. I especially like the DriSpitz one in the original where failing turns you into a pig, and the one in G&W where one of the "heroes" you transform into as an elephant man.
* KatAna's boss microgame in Touched, because the little dude you control in it is hilarious.
* Pretty much all of the microgames you make as jobs for Wario in D.I.Y., and you get to use your first silly designed creatures.
* Pretty much everything involving Fronk. But moreso than the Fronk games in Twisted, I highly enjoyed the Orbulon one in the original where you have to pick the right Fronk, and they all have silly faces and wear funny clothing.
* The Mona one in Smooth Moves where you make pizza!
* The one in G&W where you flick some little crazy dudes from D.I.Y. away from a vinyl disc.
* The Jimmy one in Touched where two funny hairy dudes tickle each other.
* The KatAna one in Twisted where a monkey evolves ...into a robot.
* The Crygor one in Touched where you need to adjust an analog clock that has ...a nose in its middle.
* The KatAna one in Smooth Moves where you give an old lady a denture and she eats a lot of stuff.
* The Ashley one in D.I.Y. where you have to pick some fruits, and there are some ugly fatasses whose butts look like peaches.
* The Wario-Man one in Twisted where Wario's Adventure Wario must dodge bird poop.
* The Wario-Man one in Showcase where you eat pizza from a Wario-themed plate, and it contains ...metal slices that you can't eat.
* The Mona one in Smooth Moves where a dude drinks water and it makes him grow afros and become bulky!
* The Penny one in Smooth Moves where you control a robot that picks trash via remote. I dunno, it feels good to help.
* The Mona one in D.I.Y. where you must crush cans... but you may also end up crushing a cactus.
* The Wario-Man one in Twisted where Wario is a worm going to get some fruit.
* The Crygor one in Twisted where you need to catch a floating face's drool... and it blooms into a flower.
* The Mona one in Twisted where you use ...clothespins to force some funny green dude to eat.
* The G&W one where it presents situations that are similar to other microgames, but you're supposed not to do anything. The results of failing are especially funny in the cactus one.
* The Wario-Man one in Showcase where it's kid Wario's birthday and you must put the number of candles on his cake according to his age. It's hilarious because he's a kid, yet his mustache is fully grown.
* The KatAna one in Smooth Moves where you're some hilarious green Nosepass dude and have to wave in like a bunch of silly kids.
* Ashley's boss microgame in Smooth Moves: it always made me laugh so hard to put all those crazy ingredients in a sandwich.
* Wario's Adventure. The music is badass, stick figure Wario is funny, and I love how the great treasure at the end is poop.

Oh right, boss microgames.

I love Wario's Dance Factory. And 9-Volt's boss game in SMooth Moves makes me really wish there was a 60 FPS version of Star Fox ;-;.

----

I always felt cheated that a lot of Microgames in the original were just "rapidly press A to win" like several games are like that.

Yeah, it's noticeable.

The one in Smooth Moves with the silly papery sumo dudes (one of them was a Wario and looked funny). The controls were unresponsive...

I had problem with that one until I realized you're supposed to tap the Wiimote with your other hand.

The one in Smooth Moves with the silly papery sumo dudes (one of them was a Wario and looked funny). The controls were unresponsive...
I had problem with that one until I realized you're supposed to tap the Wiimote with your other hand.

There are actually 2 microgames in that game where you have to do that:
Castanet, First Chair
Paper Wario

I liked both of those, they where quite funny, however, I didn't like:
All Wound Up
BYOM
because they are always followed by Bungii! which requires you to have the wrist strap for the purpose of uncoiling the wrist strap...

Yeah, I had forgotten about that Cricket one because I didn't have problems with it; for some reason, I thought "Paper Wario"'s mechanics were different and kept wriggling the mote around. zipit:

As for the Bungii! ones, I actually liked them, because I knew Bungii! was coming and I always found it hilarious.:p

I think my worst has to be Ashley's boss game in Touched!, mainly because of how frustrating it is on higher difficulties and how much precision it takes. I prefer the easier games that don't require rapid input, like Jimmy T.'s game where you have to wave goodbye to aliens.

I ackshually found Global Warning to be the boss gaem that scales less in difficulty as it goes on. Must be my shmup experience.

Last edited:
Back