Mona basis in Wario Land 4?

ChanceTime

Wario Fan Supreme
tumblr_inline_nn4ejjBYeF1tsi732_500.png

By beating the game on Hard, you get that first image at the top, there. I'm not saying it's an exact resemblance or this is concrete, but don't you think that lady resembles Mona, at least from a 'first draft' point? I think it's the way her hair's shaped, along with the colours and style of her clothes.

What do you reckon, guys? Was this the start for Mona's conception or am I seeing white and calling it snow?

This character could be Mona, one of her quotes states that she goes along with Wario on his treasure hunting adventures.
"So anyway, you should know that the fortune-hunter Wario has inspired many of my strange games! He's always one degree ahead of cool, and he's even let me tag along with on some of his money-grubbing adventures!" - Mona's quote in Wario Ware

But that's me talking, it could be her or a random woman character that looks like Mona.

This character could be Mona, one of her quotes states that she goes along with Wario on his treasure hunting adventures.

But that's me talking, it could be her or a random woman character that looks like Mona.

Oh hey, true! To be honest, I think even if it isn't meant to be her, it's still a nice thing to believe. It's certainly plausible enough from what you've stated!

Would WarioWare have been in the development stages when Wario Land 4 was released? If their development was fairly close then it's very possible that they could have recycled one of Mona's older/prototype designs and all as something of an Easter Egg.

Mario Party 4 actually did a similar thing by having what might be an earlier version of the Wario Bike (it looks very similar at least) in Wario's present diorama:
http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/general-wario-references-thread.376/page-5

I wouldn't be suprised if the Land 4 example was an early pitch of Mona that got thrown in for shits n' giggles, it just depends on how long the idea of Wario Ware has been tossed around, prior to it's creation.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if WarioWare was in development at the same time as Wario Land. Maybe as a small side project, at least initially (hence all the reused resources).

That car in the four pictures looks a bit like a palette swap/copy of the Wario Car. And that bridge in the background of the two pictures below looks a lot like that famous bridge in New York.

Wario Land 4 is such an enigmatic game... Hmm:

Sorry for double posting, but while on Mario Wiki, I found an interesting statement by Wario himself:

“Ahhhhhh, how romantic! Who would guess that my raunchy little game had such a mood-inspiring vehicle? I'd like to ride my carpet with little miss you-know-who!”
Wario, Wario Land 4 instruction manual

Who is ''little miss you-know-who''?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Magic_Carpet

We've sadly been unable to figure it out... I made a Tumblr post and CM30 made a thread including the question, too. I find it ironic considering it's little miss we-don't-kn0w-wh0-actually.

Sorry for double posting, but while on Mario Wiki, I found an interesting statement by Wario himself:

“Ahhhhhh, how romantic! Who would guess that my raunchy little game had such a mood-inspiring vehicle? I'd like to ride my carpet with little miss you-know-who!”
Wario, Wario Land 4 instruction manual

Who is ''little miss you-know-who''?

http://www.mariowiki.com/Magic_Carpet
Is that? It can't be... A Virtual Boy reference! :eek:

Back