Oh joy, Wario still sucks in Smash Bros 4!

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
From the supposed leak, showing his trophy:

wariotrophy.jpg

Mentioning the Wario Waft? Constantly calling him gross? Screw you Sakurai, this is exactly the crappy Wario representation that shouldn't be in the next Smash Bros game. There's more to him than farting and (some) WarioWare, and it's time you twats accepted that.

Anyone else really annoyed about his Smash Bros 4 representation?

First of all, I'm almost positive this is fake. It has to be.

Second of all, why would Sakurai label him as an "Embodiment of Gross"? Besides farting and picking his nose, what is so gross? It's just Wario! And, if it's real, which I want to once again clarify that it's not, we still have no mention of his treasure hunting adventures. Why not mention how masculine and strong he is (or the shoulder rush)? His positive features need to be added to that trophy description, not just his "gross" habits. Please, allow me to whip up a decent descrption here:

This masculine, greedy, microgame-making anti-hero took over Mario's castle and brainwashed the citizens of the Mushroom Kingdom to do his bidding in his debut appearance, then to set out to steal treasure from Captain Syrup and her pirates to buy a castle of his own after being defeated by Mario. The garlic loving treasure hunter went on many more adventures before calling all his wacky friends up and starting a company known as WarioWare Inc.. Although the brute hasn't seen much treasure hunting action in a while, he's still made a name for himself and maintains his popularity with his ludicrous microgames.

I was a little disappointed when I saw him the first time in Brawl. I didn't like that his moves and everything was based on the Wario Ware games.
I LOVE using him, though; I have so much fun.
Yes, it really needs to be balanced out. Half WarioWare and half Wario Land!

I have to agree though that he was really fun to use. I love Wario Wafting my friends off the stage as they just glare at me and say "Wario is so stupid! Why do you love him so much?!" :rolleyes:

Oh no....

Please... tell me this is not real...
This is the first time I've seen this...

"Trademark Wario Waft"
T-.... Tr...
...TRADEMARK?!?!?
Are you fucking kidding me? TRAAAAADEMARRRRK???? WHAT?!

Oh suuuuure, of cooourse! It's Wario's classic attack! It has always been that way!
Remember when Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 came out and Wario got the fart power up? Oh, what fond childhood memories. Farting open those treasure chests was the best thing about that game.
And then later it became a standard attack in Wario Land 2. Fart-jumping through the levels was so much fun. And at the end the way you fart all over Captain Syrup, making her crash through the walls of her own castle, flying away into the evening sky team rocket style is just THE classic Wario moment.
It was also great how in Wario Land 3 they improved the sprite animations for Wario's different stages of fart. Really puts that extra bit of polish into the game.
Oh and then in Wario Land 4 he can even continuously fart while running to do a fart fueled headbutt attack.
But the move really gets to shine in Wario's first 3D adventure Wario World. How could we ever get through the game without it?

Remember all those great times?

NO!!!
BECAUSE IT DIDN'T FUCKING HAPPEN!!!

Last edited:
Now compare it to this:

wario.jpg

Yeah, that was how Wario should have been portrayed.

Indeed, I strongly suspect him not being in Melee may have contributed to his current bad reputation in the series/with Sakurai. Think about it, Wario in Melee would pretty much have to mean Wario Land style Wario. So by Brawl and Smash Bros 4, Sakurai would see him as the more complex character he actually is rather than a one dimensional fart joke cliche.

I so wish Sakurai had sacrificed all the clones in Melee to include Wario instead...

Yeah, in Brawl they didn't make any new trophies for Wario. They only used the 3D models that were already in the game.

Yeah, that was just pathetic.

You've got a series with two decades of history, and then you don't bother making unique trophies for the more important characters from its two sub series. Okay, sure. Wario Land and WarioWare never use 3D models, so any new ones would have to be original.

But come on, Melee made EVERY trophy an original model. Put some effort in! And didn't Wario World use models? Couldn't they have at least retextured some of those?

Yeah, that was just pathetic.

You've got a series with two decades of history, and then you don't bother making unique trophies for the more important characters from its two sub series. Okay, sure. Wario Land and WarioWare never use 3D models, so any new ones would have to be original.

But come on, Melee made EVERY trophy an original model. Put some effort in! And didn't Wario World use models? Couldn't they have at least retextured some of those?
That would've meant they actually had to care.

Oh, great. All this is making me bitter again. -_-

Guys, Sakurai did consider Wario for Melee.

<everyone is happy but questioning>

As a Mario clone

<everyone rages>

But he didnt do it because he thought Wario would deserve better.

<everyone is happy again but than looks at Brawls Wario>

<everybody rages again>

Back