Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Somewhat no

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Definetly no!!

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Wario=$$

Wario Fan Supreme
We have all seen paper Mario games forever now!! Its all the same, mario gets a hammer, and has a partner. Vote if you think there could be a new wario platformer series featuring him in Paper form! :)

latest

180px-Paper_Waluigi.jpg

I would love a Wario themed RPG, especially in the style of Paper Mario. Good Paper Mario that is, I'd like to see a Wario equivalent to Thousand Year Door.

Wonder if you'd get Wario Land enemies and WarioWare characters as partners?

I would love a Wario themed RPG, especially in the style of Paper Mario. Good Paper Mario that is, I'd like to see a Wario equivalent to Thousand Year Door.

Wonder if you'd get Wario Land enemies and WarioWare characters as partners?
Yeah like ahley uses spells, jimmy t attracts chicks, mona..... Idk what she would do lol

Paper Wario would certainly be interesting. a Paper Mario style game but with the humor and style of Wario? It could really work.

Wario's paper sprite should have a bunch of creases in it, as if it had been crumpled into a ball and uncrumpled

Hm... wouldn't think so.

I'd say it would definitely need it's own flavor to distinguish it from Paper Mario.

Since Paper Mario is very cute, innocent and storybook-ish, i'd say Paper Wario should really crank the vulgarity up to an all-time high, even for Wario standards.

If I may suggest a deviation, I think more along the lines of a "Old Tom-and-Jerry/Looney Toons-style Wario RPG" might work better.

Like, this is specifically more of an art-style and tone sort of thing. Because Wario does sort of act more like a cartoon villain, and it'd be interesting to see a game that sort of tries to emulate the feeling of an over-the-top evil guy trying to set off his tricks. Or at least, a Evil dude trying to be Evil/Get his fortune deal. Wouldn't need to be complex at all.

I feel like the deviation would at least distance itself away from Paper Mario's sort of JRPG tone enough that people could judge the Wario game on its own merits? Art style goes pretty far.

(Also I remember back when I was younger, I found a weird Paper Wario game on Scratch. It wasn't very good, this thread just made me remember it.)

Back