Post Ratings System, Moods and Smilies Added!

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Yup. Want to use the default XenForo smilies? Now you can, alongside the Wario themed ones!

In addition to this, we also have moods. Select them underneath your avatar in the sidebar, and say how you're feeling on the forum front end!

Finally... there's a new rating system. Instead of just having 'like', you now get to say stuff like 'I agree', 'this post was artistic', 'this post was funny', etc.

Hope you like the additions!

Thank you for the smilies! Albeit brought back in a way I don't agree with, it's still better than nothing!
I absolutely don't approve of the ratings system though. I like the likes system, because by liking someone you can have them know you appreciate their post and things. But really? Saying someone's post is dumb? I honestly think this is only going to cause bad feelings.
Is there also a good thing about this, I wonder?

I agree with 607's remarks, but in a whole, the new features are great! :D I am sure they will be used well more often than not.

With that said, I'm not sure if the "friendly" symbol should be a heart. Hmm: I don't misinterpret it, but people could think of it as love instead of friendship, causing the symbol not to be used.

Other than that, I like the many different moods, which add a lot of variety. I wonder if the mood pictures could be edited, though? Such as having Artsy Wario in the artistic symbol, Frozen Wario for the cold symbol, Ashley for the bored symbol, sick Crygor for the sick symbol, etc. I know that would take a lot of work, so it's just an idea I'm throwing out there.

The mood pictures can easily be edited; if anyone is the artistic type. Just make however many 93 x 30 pixel images showing Wario characters experiencing moods.

As for the ratings... it's fine. If anything does go wrong, I can easily remove the negative ratings and just leave the many positive ones. But I won't, because no one will misuse them.

Kinda like this?
SICK.png

Okay, looking at the ratings again now they've been installed for a while, I must say I actually quite like them! d:)
I often accidentally touch the wrong one, so I hope that won't turn up in people's alerts, but I can say I support this now! (y)
Especially since we haven't gotten anyone abusing the system yet.

Back