Psycho Waluigi

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Not quite a Wario series game, but it uses enough stuff from Wario Land 4 to be notable regardless. Basically, Waluigi gets psychic powers with the help of some strange entity called Iris and he decides to take over the world one kingdom at a time. All while fighting an Captain Syrup like female military commander out to stop him in his tracks.

Here's a trailer:

So yeah, anyone got any thoughts on it? I haven't personally played it yet, but I hear it's one of the best Mario fan games ever made, and one good enough that Nintendo themselves should probably publish it professionally.

And I have to say, I do think it'd make a really good Wario Land spinoff if Nintendo did do so. And a great starring debut game for Waluigi himself.

What do you think about Psycho Waluigi?

Definitely one of the most professional fan games I've ever seen with a style distinctively Waluigi. I watched a lot of videos on this, they really outdid themselves!

I always thought it looked fun as hell and amazingly well made, and I love the concept. Eventually downloaded it and picked it up. It still looks wonderful, but I didn't really have the motivation to continue beyond world 2. It controls a bit poorly with questionable physics, and the boss of world 2 is near impossible, the controls requiring me to take heavy damage even when I succeed. I eventually passed it but was too put off to keep going after that, and the computer that had the save was wiped.

It may not look like it, but it's actually quite difficult to clear this boss in a single jump as it charges past with pretty specific timing. If anyone wants to tell me I was just terrible at the game, feel free. The blocks that rain down on you are also quite difficult to deal with as attempting to remove the boss' armor, as well as controlling the psychic cursor and Waluigi's movement at the same time. Up/down for the cursor and left/right for Waluigi can get a bit awkward at times.

It always makes me smile when I stumble across someone reposting one of my trailers:)

Thunderdragon's currently working on 'Toadette strikes back'. A sequel to his first fangame 'Toad Strikes Back'. I don't know that he'll ever make another Waluigi game.

I'm actually taking votes to decide the next game I LP and Psycho Waluigi happens to be one of the choices. I don't want to hijack your thread by embedding anything so I'll just drop links. The options are Runman: Race around the world : Psycho Waluigi : Megaman Day in the Limelight

Yeah, your trailers are awesome! When Mario's Nightmare Quest comes out, can you make me one for the game?

I only make trailers if I really like the game, so I won't make any promises until I've played it for myself. But I have been keeping an eye on that hack.

How close are you to completing it?

I only make trailers if I really like the game, so I won't make any promises until I've played it for myself. But I have been keeping an eye on that hack.

How close are you to completing it?

It'll probably take a fair amount of time (my site relaunch goes along with a forum I plan to open specifically for content submissions for the game), but I'm close enough to consider releasing a demo soon. This demo will have the basic first five worlds, as well as bits of the desert, haunted house and forest world.

Drop me a line when it's ready, the surest way to get my attention is through Youtube. I always see comments and messages.

Have been revisiting this game. Still fab, years later. Sad to think that this is the last real Wario-related platformer we got, seeing as it came out a bit after Shake It. Would be great if that hitherto mentioned requested sequel ever happened...

Found it:
index.php

https://mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=1&id=1100

Back