Radio Baseball Game Transcript (WW: Twisted)

ShyGuyXXL

Shyster Guyster
Diamond City Insider
WarioWare Twisted contains a Radio broadcast of a baseball game that you can hear in Dribble & Spitz's stage as one of the 3 possible backgrouns songs.
You can also hear it using the radio souvenir.

But have you ever wondered what the guy is actually saying?

(For some reason the first line is cut off in this version.)

Well, I've done my best to try and transcribe the whole thing.

Only problem is, I'm not very familiar with baseball lingo, so forgive me if I misunderstood some basic baseball terms. Feel free to correct me.
Oh and also, a few times I've heard the phrase "I'd have to agree with you there." As if the guy is talking to someone else. It might be possible that those are actually 2 different people with very similar voices and that it's just the compression making them sound the same.
Unless you have any idea what he might actually be saying.

And up to the plate comes 9-Volt. :DIcOrho:
Ah, this young man has been having a... stellar year. He's hitting (3-27?) homeruns.
He's made a huge addition to this team this year.

Yeah, 9-Volt has really stepped up to the task! He's , uh, takin' the ball out deep when he needs to, makin' good plays out in the outfield...
Uh, this kid, he's a total package. He's gonna make a big impact on this team in the years (to) come and I'm really looking forward to watching this kid play some more.

I'd have to agree with you.
And, uh, here comes the first pitch...
woosh
whack

And it's a strike! Just inside(?).
Boo
Aaaand that's gonna be 0-1 to 9-Volt!
He's- uh, he's lookin' a little frazzled out there but I think it- eh- y'know again, he's got good eyes and he knows when it's hit.

Now here comes the ol' one(?)-pitch...
woosh
And it- whack HITS IT HARD! HOLY COW, THAT BALL IS GOIN', GOIN, GOODBYE BASEBALL!
A deep homerun! The right field! That kid just CRUSHED that thing!
cheering
Yeah, with-uh, with power like that you just-, you can't be hangin' em over the plate like that. It... eh, it's too risky and, uh, 9-Volt made that pitcher pay the price.

And here comes to the plate Wario :whirled:, batting in the number one position, who has quite frankly had an absolutely terrible year.
He's batting 0-1-0, no homeruns, no RBIs, with 97 strikeouts, to lead the league.
Yeah, Wario has uh, really stunk up the baseball diamond this year. He's uh, quite frankly an embarassment, and he's a terrible ball player.
His fans were expecting a whole lot more from him but uh... they've got rewarded with a big fat raspberry. Absolutely nothing.

I'd have to agree with you there and... uh, here comes the first pitch to Wario...
woosh
whack

And he hits it and it's foul! Down the first base line.
Boo
Uh, he hooked- he swung way too early, hooked the ball... uh, again, terrible play from Wario.

Aaand here comes the windup aaand the second pitch...
woosh
whack

AND THAT BALL IS BOUNCIN'! HOLY COW, WARIO HAS NAILED ONE! DEEP IN CENTERFIELD!
THAT. BALL. IS. GONE!
Wario breaks his slump WITH A HUGE HOMERUN! In centerfield! This ball game is tied at 2-2.

And then it repeats.

The announcer is doing a pretty good job selling this, considering it's just a silly pretend game you can't even hear very well.
Edit: Initially I thought he said "holy god", not holy cow, which would've been funny to hear in a Nintendo game. But I guess holy cow is more likely.

I wonder if that guy is just a random Treehouse employee...
By the way, has the localization department of NOA always been called "Treehouse"? :SHmm: It's a weird term, I always thought.

Also, THIS was the first time there was full voice acting in a WarioWare game! SXD
Suck it, Gold! S;D

Last edited:
By the way, has the localization department of NOA always been called "Treehouse"?
No, not quite. the Treehouse name didn't become a thing till the mid ninties during Donkey Kong Country's development. The reason why it was called that was because the localization team working on the game would lock themselves away in secrecy as Nintendo wanted it to keep it a secret, with the specific term "Treehouse" being codenamed after DK's treehouse in those very games. (This is why the logo has DK's treehouse on it.)
And as the team grew over time, the name basically stuck.
Source

Last edited:
Always had trouble trying to understand what they are saying, so thanks for the transcription!

By the way, I think he's saying ¨holy cow¨ instead of ¨holy God.¨ This might be a reference to the song ¨Paradise by the Dashboard Light,¨ in which there's also a radio broadcast about a baseball match that has this exclamation.
And if 9-Volt is such a good baseball player, then why isn't he in Mario Superstar Baseball? ;)

Holy cow is not really an expression that is used very often anymore but it is very much ingrained in our culture. Everyone has heard it on television, movies, and even in real life.

Other popular ones are "Holy Moley!" and "Holy Mackerel!"

It's kind oif like "Mamma Mia!" in Italian but you'd be hard pressed to find any Italian who actually says that anymore.

Holy cow is not really an expression that is used very often anymore but it is very much ingrained in our culture. Everyone has heard it on television, movies, and even in real life.

Other popular ones are "Holy Moley!" and "Holy Mackerel!"

It's kind oif like "Mamma Mia!" in Italian but you'd be hard pressed to find any Italian who actually says that anymore.
I know of the expression, but I don't hear many people using it.
If they say "Holy-" anything, it's gonna be holy shit or holy fuck. :STongue3:

I can't help with the OP, but as an italian I can say that we actually still use the "mamma mia" expression, just not with Mario's tone rofl
I think it kind of assumed a darker connotation. For example: when something bad happens, "mamma mia what a situation". Or at the least I use like this lmao

Back