Remember how great Wario Ads were?

Terrormisu

Terror! At The Disco
one great aspect of the Wario franchise's edgy and absurd sense of humor was how hilarious the ads were.

For WarioWorld they had this goofy ass commercial of a politician teaming up with Wario to give the greatest speech ever, which im sure by now we all know every politician has a Wario in their closet telling them what to do.

There was also my favorite one, the Crowdfarter ad for Game & Wario which was just an absurd satirization of how sketchy and manipulative Kickstarters could be, ontopic considering how big kickstarters became during that time period.

And let's not forget the 90s ads for Wario which were just fucking unsettling.

I really love this level of risktaking and level of "not giving a fuck" this franchise has and I wish nintendo would do something like these now, but i'm at least glad we're still getting wario games at all :D

one great aspect of the Wario franchise's edgy and absurd sense of humor was how hilarious the ads were.

For WarioWorld they had this goofy ass commercial of a politician teaming up with Wario to give the greatest speech ever, which im sure by now we all know every politician has a Wario in their closet telling them what to do.

There was also my favorite one, the Crowdfarter ad for Game & Wario which was just an absurd satirization of how sketchy and manipulative Kickstarters could be, ontopic considering how big kickstarters became during that time period.

And let's not forget the 90s ads for Wario which were just fucking unsettling.

I really love this level of risktaking and level of "not giving a fuck" this franchise has and I wish nintendo would do something like these now, but i'm at least glad we're still getting wario games at all :D

Is it wrong that I genuinely can't remember any of the commercials for WarioWare Gold or WarioWare Get It Together? Like I can't even remember if they had any.

But I guess that's kinda an effect of the move towards more 'standardised' ads in the late Wii U/Switch era. It's rare that Nintendo's ads are particularly wacky anymore, and while that works fine for games where a good solid trailer can do amazing (Zelda Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros Ultimate), it doesn't really make ads for their wackier and less popular games stand out much.

Is it wrong that I genuinely can't remember any of the commercials for WarioWare Gold or WarioWare Get It Together? Like I can't even remember if they had any.

But I guess that's kinda an effect of the move towards more 'standardised' ads in the late Wii U/Switch era. It's rare that Nintendo's ads are particularly wacky anymore, and while that works fine for games where a good solid trailer can do amazing (Zelda Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom, Super Mario Odyssey, Super Smash Bros Ultimate), it doesn't really make ads for their wackier and less popular games stand out much.
I can remember some of the gold ads, they were pretty fun but I will admit I forgot the get it together ad as soon as i watched it. LOL. It sucks because ads are very much a really good tool for establing a piece of media's personality in a short timeframe or even enhance it like the examples I gave

Back