Rhythm Heaven!

Finally beat Remix 10 in Fever...

All this time, I could not beat that one. Thankfully, playing Mega Mix helped improved muh skillz at the series. (Probably Rhythm Tengoku GBA and little bit of DS as well)

Souw, Megamix finally came out in Europe yesterday, went to get it today and boy was I happy to hear this again:

I really love this song.
Wish I could say the same for the other translations in this game (the DS one)...

This series is pretty much one big localization nightmare.

The first game never got localized at all, the second was decent but the singing wasn't always very good and you couldn't switch it back to japanese, the third game only got english vocals, you can only switch in the EU version, and the fourth game has japanese, english but without vocals, but vocals from the previous game but no german, spanish, french, etc, it has the European vocals from the second game but only for the stages from that game, so everything that's not japanese and was not in the second game was replaced with shitty trumpets,.... @0@

It's basically one big "fuck it".

Last edited:
Yeah, the localization of this game was admittedly rushed. The only reason Europe gets a physical release is because NoE is generally less risk averse than NoA.

Also, now that it's there, what do you guys make of this one? To be entirely honest, I didn't find this one to be that great in the series.

Did any of you guys like the story in it, or do you think you could have done without it? I know I had to button-mash between levels just to get everyone to shut up. Though I did like some of the character designs in Boondog, Shep, and Eglantine. (The likes of Dieter and Donna can go die in a pit)

The biggest turn-off was so many returning stages and so few new ones. The endless games aspect gets severely squandered as well. Heck, it doesn't even have my favorite DS stage: Crop Stomp. I wasn't even going to get this game at first.

In fact, I still maintain that the only mitigating factor of this game is the WarioWare challenges. You still have to go through Challenge Land Hell to unlock them, but they're ultimately worth it when you do get them.

Last edited:
Yeah, the localization of this game was admittedly rushed.
Rushed but it still took FOR-FUCKING-EVER! D8<
Like, seriously, why? Why does it take so long? D:< It took over a year for it to come out in europe! :SDead: Why does it take so long to translate a bit of text, most of which has already been translated?:Sweetjesus:
It's not like one language has to be translated after the next. :ShakesHead: They can all be translated at once.
...ugh...

Did any of you guys like the story in it, or do you think you could have done without it?
I'm not against a story... but it shouldn't be done this way. Too much dialog.
The stories in WarioWare work because they use very little dialog and are short and simple.
Also, the stages don't really have anything to do with the story.... so... eh...

The biggest turn-off was so many returning stages and so few new ones. The endless games aspect gets severely squandered as well. Heck, it doesn't even have my favorite DS stage: Crop Stomp. I wasn't even going to get this game at first.

Yeah, the selection left something to be desired. I hate that so many of the unlockable stages are from Fever. Just cuz they were easy to port and didn't need new graphics. :/
I wish it had the Bon Odori, Rap Men, Rap Women, Munchy Monk 2, DJ School,...
I wish it DIDN'T have Working Dough 1 and 2, Clap Trap, Cosmic Rhythm Rally, FUCKING QUIZ SHOW,...
I'm also not happy with the new Bunny Hop. The jumping animation doesn't look smooth and the black outlines clash with the style. :/
Not to mention the music.
Here's the Tengoku Version (HD):

And here's the Megamix Version:

The Tengoku version sounds much better if you ask me.

Oh well... looks like I'll have to take out my Rhythm Tengoku every time I wanna enjoy Bunny Hop.

You know what tho?
This game would've been perfect for DLC.
Why is there no DLC for new stages, old stages, new Remixes, old Remixes, endless games, rhythm toys, etc.?
I'D GIVE THEM ALL MY CASH FOR SOME NEW STAGES :SCry:

Oh and I forgot to say, I don't much care for the shorter versions of old stages that you get before Lush Tower. They are slow, shallow, boring... :SBubble: ...and the songs aren't particularly memorable. They feel like an extended tutorial or a babby mode. :/
Babby's first rhythm game.
99_IV.png

I wouldn't mind it so much if you could get through them much faster but no, the story mode slows you down so much.
At least that part still has the new stages which are much more fun.

Something interesting I noticed about the european Megamix box:
29w8f82.jpg

Rhythm Tweezers (or Ryhthmus-Rupfung) is advertised as a new game, which it technically is as far as western releases are concerned, but in general it's obviously from Tendoku.

I've never seen the japanese box, but I think it's a very save assumption this wasn't a mistake, but rather an addition in localization by someone who payed a particulary amount of attention to the series' release history in the west.

And this has been another one of warelander's pointless vidya trivia facts.

Back