ROBOTAN ~ So Ko Takeuchi is creating a short film

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
I'm surprised no thread has been made about this as this has been a thing for awhile, but the artist of WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven
is currently working on an independent short film called ROBOTAN

While we don't know much about the premise and release date, Ko Takeuchi has been regularly posting updates on the project
including art, animation tests and more on an twitter account dedicated to the project which you can follow if you're interested in this project and you have a twitter account.

Here is a sample of what he's been working on.

So far, this looks pretty extremely charming and quite promising. (Robotan herself also looks adorbs.)
Overall, I'm interested in seeing where this project goes. what do you think about this though?

Last edited:
no clue what it's about but it looks like a fun story. nathan is really cute. the main girl's design reminds me so much of penny for some reason, it's the messy hair and facial features i think.

either way, really hoping he doesn't use the animation style in the emote test...i know animation is a crazy amount of work, but man that style looks so off.

I don't think the WarioWare artstyle was ever his personal artstyle. His personal artstyle is rooted in the style he's been using since at least 2006 with Rhythm Tengoku.
Yes, it shows, especially with the style changes that the WarioWare cast went through in Game & Wario and recently WarioWare Gold.

I'm surprised no thread has been made about this as this has been a thing for awhile, but the artist of WarioWare and Rhythm Heaven
is currently working on an independent short film called ROBOTAN

While we don't know much about the premise and release date, Ko Takeuchi has been regularly posting updates on the project
including art, animation tests and more on an twitter account dedicated to the project which you can follow if you're interested in this project and you have a twitter account.

Here is a sample of what he's been working on.

So far, this looks pretty extremely charming and quite promising. (Robotan herself also looks adorbs.)
Overall, I'm interested in seeing where this project goes. what do you think about this though?

Aw, this looks great! And very adorable, but I wonder if it's going to be released in english though?

Back