Rudy - Wario's Bowser?

I.M.Gibbon

Wario Fan Supreme
Given Rudy's appearance in Dr Mario 64, and how it was presented in such a way that the player is assumed to know who he is, does anyone else think they were trying to set Rudy up as Wario's Bowser character?

It would be interesting to see how that would have played out over the years. I can kind of see him working in place of the Shake King, since they have similar builds, and it would have been nice to see him interact with Captain Syrup at some point.

It would also have given us another heavy villain to potentially see in the Smash Bros series, though I suppose there's nothing in particular stopping them beyond the fact that Smash only seems to acknowledge WarioWare and forget the Land games ever happened...

I'm still surprised that Rudy even got in Dr Mario 64 seeing as how most of the Wario villains tend to be one shot throwaway characters.

It would have been neat to have him appear in more games but well that never happened and I don't think that he was ever meant to be more then a one game villain. I think that it was dumb luck that the Wario Land 3 characters got into Dr Mario 64.

I personally had a thought that he might return in a Wario Land Shake It sequel (to go with the 'bring back old villains for other purposes' trend they've got going on).

Then Wario Land Shake It kind of didn't sell and Good-Feel ended up never getting to make another title in the series. So long for that idea then.

It's possible, but I'm surprised they didn't just use Syrup. I guess they just chose whatever game was most recent in the Wario series.

I think Rudy would've fit nice as the main villian of World, or replacing that clown boss from Shake It.

Rudy could be Wario's response to Wart, both characters appeared in two different games.

Definitely more acceptable than being his "Bowser". That role will always belong to Syrup.

Rudy was a one-off boss who got strangely lucky and had the Dr. Mario 64 appearance, along with all the other Wario Land 3 enemies. I highly doubt he's coming back. Even if he does, he will never replace Syrup as Wario's nemesis.

syrup party.png

Last edited:
Back