[Poll] Should the sound room in Wario Land 4 have had those unique songs?

Should Wario Land 4's Sound Room Have Those Unique Songs?

• Yeah, it was great to see some brand new, more experimental music there

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No, I'd rather have unlocked the level/boss/mini game music used in game

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Or should it have been a place where you could listen to the level themes for the main levels?

Because to be honest, I'm kinda split here. On the one hand, a sound test with unique songs is a fascinating idea, and something I kinda wish was in more games. It's original, provides a place for some more experimental music choices and fits the wacky theme of the game really well.

At the same time however, I always felt disappointed I couldn't listen to the level songs in a convenient place. The pause menu basically muted them, Wario's idle animations overrode them in levels, and to see CDs in a level that didn't unlock them felt... kind of like a tease.

So I'm torn. On one hand I liked the originality, on the other I preferred how Wario Land Shake It let you unlock the actual music used in game.

But what do you think? Should Wario Land 4's sound room have those unique songs?

Personally, I find it odd to not see the actual soundtrack in there, but at the same time, those experimental mishmash sounds are fun to listen to and kinda make up your own story of what's going on. As for the soundtrack, it's a bit of a shame, why not add a second panel with the themes there, or a "side B" more which could feature both the weird sounds and the original tracks. I'd say it's easy to just hop on a stage and listen to the music there, but I reminded myself that Wario starts exercising and the music fades out. Not to mention the boss and hurry up themes aren't so easy to listen to.

Yeah, a second panel for the sound room would have worked really well. Have the main soundtrack in one panel, and the original sound room themes in the other. Everyone's happy, and it's much more convenient overall.

If anyone's a Wario Land 4 ROM hacker, well there's a mod idea for you!

I thought the whole thing was hilarious. When I got my first CD in WL4 I expected it to be the track from that stage. But instead it was a bunch of bizarre sound effects. I was laughing my 13 year old ass off!

Back