Should Wario have been in NSMB2?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
I mean, sure Wario is handled by a different team and all. But when this game's all about coin collecting, isn't it a bit odd that this was his best opportunity to reprise his villain role, but missed it?

Would he be playable or an antihero protagonist? Either way I don't think he'd really fit in a SMB style game.

• Agree
Reactions: 607
I think he was in the works as a playable character, but because they had to release the game soon they stopped working on him and gave his shoulder bash to Roy for some reason.

Has everyone forgotten that his first appearance ever was an antagonist? This could have been his chance to get back on that.
I could imagine him being an antagonist again but I don't think suddenly thrusting him into an already established series would be the best idea. Perhaps a new series like what they did with Donkey Kong could work.

Yes, without a doubt. Wario should have been in New Super Mario Bros 2 in some form, whether it was an antagonist, extra playable character or something else.

He should have also been in the other games as playable instead of nameless Toads.

This has likely been suggested as a possibility before, but speaking of toads and bringing Wario back as an antagonist, I felt it was a missed opportunity not to rekindle Toad and Wario's relationship from Wario's Woods when Captain Toad was released. Perhaps he might not have even had to have been a villain; he could have just been Toad's greedy rival also hunting for treasure, a rival whom you sometimes might have to compete with.

Back