[Poll] Should Wayforward make a Wario Land Game?

Should Wayforward make a Wario Land Game?

• Yes of Course

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Someone else should do it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No let Nintendo do it.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I don't care, I just want to see a new Wario Land game.

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes i would be interested.

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

TB100

What you see is what you get, just a guy...
Considering that Wario and Shantae have very similer design philosophies, and the generally good relationship that Wayfoward and Nintendo have, and Nintendo being generally more open with third parties using their IPs, as of late (Koei Tecmo with Hyrule Warriors and Fire Emblem Warriors, Bandai Namco with Smash Bros, Platinum Games with Starfox, ETC) Should Nintendo get Wayforward to devlop a Wario Land game?
Now as some have said before, the two have very similer styles, and Wayfoward is the only company that can do Wario justice as they would arguably understand his humor and style better then most companies would. So what do you think, Should Wayfoward make a Wario Land game?
Should Wayforward make a Wario Land Game?

I don't see why not. While I wouldn't be ecstatic like a certain someone else I would trust them to get the job done. As a developer they don't blow me away but I would say they are pretty reliable. I would think they'd be better than Good Feel.

A million times YES. WayForward would be perfect for the job. They're the ideal devs I feel that can capture the irreverent, off-key and slightly surreal humor of the series, as well as craft an adventure that can stand proud next to the other Wario Land titles. Play Shantae: Half-Genie Hero for a taste of what a modern WF Wario Land might be like.

Wario/Shantae co-op crossover when?

warioshantae.png

Last edited:
Maybe, if Super Mario Odyssey turns out to be a complete failure Nintendo runs desperate and decides to contract WayForward to revive the Wario Land series in order not to fuck things up too much.
Don't think it will go that way, though.

Wayforward has proved countless times that they are competent game developers. Some of their stuff doesn't hit as well as others but they don't make bad games. They are exceedingly good at platformers and puzzles. Wario Land title would be right up their alley. Honestly, Wayforward needs more recognition. However, Nintendo probably wont be handing out rights to their characters ever since the CD-I Zelda games.

SQUADALA!

As long as they don't make it as gimmicky or riddled with fanservice like their latest Shantae the half genie hero game. It'd be full of mermaid boob and butt all over the place. Wouldn't mind them or hell even Retrostudios(which have shined a spotlight on the Metroid and DKC series lately) to also have a chance at the Wario Land series.

Not sure if this makes any sense but I feel like WayForward is slightly overrated for an "underrated" developer. None of their games are bad and they really have an eye for detail but I don't get the impression of them being this diamond in the rough developer that deserves tons more attention than they currently get and that their games are deserving of so much more.

I've played a number of WayForward titles and I've found that they explore the potential in their game designs quite well. However, all the games I've played (A Boy and His Blob, Lit, Aliens Infestation, etc.) lack any strong dynamic elements at the core of the gameplay and therefore tend to feel a little bland to play despite some otherwise solid elements in the game. So I don't think they could produce a Wario game better than one made by Nintendo.

Back