So, anyone here playing Tears of the Kingdom?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
I've been playing it for a month or so, and it's been great fun. Love the new mechanics, changes to the overworld, the extra maps, etc.

It's a huge improvement from Breath of the Wild, and I'm glad Nintendo released it recently.

But what do you think? Are you playing Tears of the Kingdom right now? What do you think about it?

I honestly think it's really fun! :>
Even though I am very used to BOTW mechanics playing TOTK I can see the HUGE improvement from it and I honestly really love it!
Even the new stuff is cool too! :]

So I say that I think it's really fun, and I am enjoying it a lot! ^^

Alas, my gaming rizz is bad, as I get no switches, but looks fun, I loved LittleBigPlanet 2, so you know I love the creativity, and I agree that nerd girl is pretty hot ngl

I honestly think it's really fun! :>
Even though I am very used to BOTW mechanics playing TOTK I can see the HUGE improvement from it and I honestly really love it!
Even the new stuff is cool too! :]

So I say that I think it's really fun, and I am enjoying it a lot! ^^
Yeah I'm used to playing TotK like BoTW too. Takes me a while to realise that I have new abilities now, lol.

How far into the game are you by the way?

Alas, my gaming rizz is bad, as I get no switches, but looks fun, I loved LittleBigPlanet 2, so you know I love the creativity, and I agree that nerd girl is pretty hot ngl

And ah sucks you can't play it right now. But it's definitely a great game creativity wise!

Yeah I'm used to playing TotK like BoTW too. Takes me a while to realise that I have new abilities now, lol.

How far into the game are you by the way?
I have all of the sages, almost found all of the shines, and now I am grinding to increase my battery.
So basically I am SO CLOSE to the main boss aka Ganon but like I'm doing all of the side quests and stuff-

I like to think that by the time I finish with everything and I finally confront Ganon I will be very strong
cause I'm doing everything else before beating the game
That's how role, I did the same with BOTW :>

I have all of the sages, almost found all of the shines, and now I am grinding to increase my battery.
So basically I am SO CLOSE to the main boss aka Ganon but like I'm doing all of the side quests and stuff-

I like to think that by the time I finish with everything and I finally confront Ganon I will be very strong
cause I'm doing everything else before beating the game
That's how role, I did the same with BOTW :>

Ah neat you're going the completionist route here, at least to a degree. I'm gonna guess you're not going for Koroks right?

Those things are absolute hell to find, lol.

Ah neat you're going the completionist route here, at least to a degree. I'm gonna guess you're not going for Koroks right?

Those things are absolute hell to find, lol.
Mwahahahahahaha I will eventually
As of now there are 1k of them in TOTK I never found them all in BOTW so I think after I beat Ganon I will try to find them all
As much as they are HELL to look for I want to try it out

Also yeah! I guess what I am doing is the completionist route since I am also going to collect the sage's Will to upgrade the sages as well

Mwahahahahahaha I will eventually
As of now there are 1k of them in TOTK I never found them all in BOTW so I think after I beat Ganon I will try to find them all
As much as they are HELL to look for I want to try it out

Also yeah! I guess what I am doing is the completionist route since I am also going to collect the sage's Will to upgrade the sages as well

Damn good luck! I did that a while ago and it was brutal:

But I'm impressed you're going for completionism here. If you need help, just ask (since I play way too much Tears of the Kingdom/make videos about it).

Oh I can already tell I am going to be in agony haha!
But thank you!! :>

Also oh that's cool! For sure I'll reach out if I need help! Thank you so much! :]

Oh I can already tell I am going to be in agony haha!
But thank you!! :>

Also oh that's cool! For sure I'll reach out if I need help! Thank you so much! :]

Quick tip for now... there are Korok seed platforms on the sides of sky islands. Not many, but some, and they can be annoying to see. Remember to climb down and check.

Quick tip for now... there are Korok seed platforms on the sides of sky islands. Not many, but some, and they can be annoying to see. Remember to climb down and check.
Got it! I will keep that in mind when I eventually beat the game! :>
Thank you so much! ^^

I've been playing it for a month or so, and it's been great fun. Love the new mechanics, changes to the overworld, the extra maps, etc.

It's a huge improvement from Breath of the Wild, and I'm glad Nintendo released it recently.

But what do you think? Are you playing Tears of the Kingdom right now? What do you think about it?
Can agree they definitely built on BOTW and I like the underworld. I just think neither of them deserve as high of a rating as they have been getting.
Considering they have such a highly praised engine that people claim doesn't glitch I say
1689768928687.png

1689768983327.png

Am I even playing the same game? The BOTW and TOTK I've experienced is more like:

Also both BOTW and TOTK launched broken as I had to start both games over completely because Nintendo released both games with glitches were you could soft lock the game and its quests.

Also I get BOTW being game of the year because it was going in a new creative direction and game mechanics direction
Totk really isn't so Idk why its getting game of the year being a BOTW x Banjo Kazoie Nuts and Bolts krispr clone.
I will seriously never get over the Banjo Kazooie series getting buried over this mechanic and ToTK being praised for it. Rattles my very soul.

Can agree they definitely built on BOTW and I like the underworld. I just think neither of them deserve as high of a rating as they have been getting.
Considering they have such a highly praised engine that people claim doesn't glitch I say
View attachment 13679
View attachment 13680
Am I even playing the same game? The BOTW and TOTK I've experienced is more like:

Also both BOTW and TOTK launched broken as I had to start both games over completely because Nintendo released both games with glitches were you could soft lock the game and its quests.

Also I get BOTW being game of the year because it was going in a new creative direction and game mechanics direction
Totk really isn't so Idk why its getting game of the year being a BOTW x Banjo Kazoie Nuts and Bolts krispr clone.
I will seriously never get over the Banjo Kazooie series getting buried over this mechanic and ToTK being praised for it. Rattles my very soul.

I've never encountered any glitches I didn't set up myself. It's been a very stable game for the most part, and I've had no issues there.

And I think the difference between Banjo-Kazooie and Tears of the Kingdom is that the former gave up most of what it means to be a Banjo-Kazooie game, while the latter is still a Zelda game at heart. The vehicles are mostly optional, and the core Zelda aspects of exploration, combat, etc were not sacrificed in the process.

I've never encountered any glitches I didn't set up myself. It's been a very stable game for the most part, and I've had no issues there.

And I think the difference between Banjo-Kazooie and Tears of the Kingdom is that the former gave up most of what it means to be a Banjo-Kazooie game, while the latter is still a Zelda game at heart. The vehicles are mostly optional, and the core Zelda aspects of exploration, combat, etc were not sacrificed in the process.
I can agree there 100% that where they did it ifferent than Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is that you don't REALLY have to use the building system to get through a majority of the story line.

I can agree there 100% that where they did it ifferent than Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts is that you don't REALLY have to use the building system to get through a majority of the story line.

Also that the storyline doesn't mock the player for liking the old style of gameplay.

Also that the storyline doesn't mock the player for liking the old style of gameplay.
BIG FACTS, being made fun of for nostalgia in a game is like the opposite feeling of nostalgia. Now that I think about it if they hadn't done that I might have given Nuts and Bolts more of a chance but I was already feeling it was lame then they were like "WE'RE NOT LAME. YOU. YOUUUU'RE LAME." I was all :eek: then I turned them into a newt :ashleyside: deng you Rareware bring back Conker.

Back