So Mario Party 10 features Wario Land music?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Okay, this music in the Wario Amiibo Party board is awesome:

Why? Oh come on, it's from Wario Land Shake It! You know, Wario music in a Mario spinoff! Maybe this gives up hope for a full blown Wario Land style Mario Kart track or something. What do you think?

This isn't actually the board music, every character has a theme that plays when it's their turn (only if the Amiibo is used, so computers and players without an Amiibo don't get a theme) and this is Warios, if no Amiibo is used it will play a generic theme, still awesome that they did this thought.

If anyone here is curious these are the ones for the other characters:

Mario-Super Mario Bros overworld theme
Luigi-The original Luigi's Mansion theme
Peach-Peach's Castle
Toad-Mario 3 Toad House
Yoshi-Yoshis Story level theme
Rosalina-Comet Observatory
Donkey Kong-Jungle Hyjinx
Bowser-The theme that plays during the first two Bowser battles in Mario 64

Well, nice anyway. Talking of that, I have to say... the character themes in this game are definitely awesome. Lots of cool references to non traditional Mario universe games like the Wario Land series, Yoshi's Story and Luigi's Mansion.

The themes are really great, thought really the entire Wario board just plain oozes with love for the series, you should have heard me geek out when I saw a money sack from Shake It standing around a corner:
zlCfzTKOVcw0gjFh0q

That's one thing I generally love about the Mario spinoffs, they go the extra step quite a lot when it comes to respecting the universes legacy, I mean come on, Mario Superstar Baseball had freaking Swanky Kong on a billboard:
SwankyKonginMSB.png

What's not to love about that?

Can't say I was expecting that.

Can't say I'm complaining, either. It doesn't sound as awesome as the original version, granted, but I'm surprised they did a remix at all. It's a very pleasant surprise indeed.

In Mario Kart 7, we got a "Wario Land" themed course plus the music track;
Mario Party 10, we have a amiibo party board with Wario Land and Wario Ware themes/references.

Sounds cool to me.

Back