Splatoon

I really, really enjoyed the single player campaign, but I'm not fond of the actual multiplayer, because I suck at competitive multiplayer games. I hope we get a sequel that is adventure-mode-centric, and fleshes out the Inkling world even more. I think the IP has a lot of potential, and Nintendo should keep it around.

it's one of the very few console game in the past two generations to sell a million in japan alone

it single handled boosted wii u sales there

the new president of nintendo recently talked about how splatoon "could be extended as widely as mario"

Hm, that'd be a bit disappointing since I like the freshness the game had. It'd be a shame for it to be spoiled that quickly but I guess that's how business work.

When did Kimishima say that?

Hm, that'd be a bit disappointing since I like the freshness the game had. It'd be a shame for it to be spoiled that quickly but I guess that's how business work.
Disappointing? Why? If anything, they could make a sequel much better than the first game, which honestly feels a bit rushed.

I do agree that they can fix it up and make an even better sequel (with hopefully a better single player campaign) but the "could be extended as widely as mario" remark worries me a bit.

"could be extended as widely as mario"
Nope! That guy is on something because this cannot be true. Mario is god in gaming, splatoon is not worthy.

As for Splatoon itself I had some good times with it, but nowadays I only join private lobbies. I think I'm a level 23 or lower, mostly because I got bored with it after a few weeks.

I think it's extremely likely there'll be a sequel, yeah. I don't really know what else they could do with a multiplayer shooter though, besides new maps and new guns. Unless they add a really fleshed out single player campaign, which is what I'm hoping for.

Splatoon will turn into Nintendo's very own Call of Duty, trust me. There is nothing they can do for a sequel aside from adding new guns and stages that could easily have been DLC.

Splatoon is a one-hit wonder, and if it ain't it's gonna be ruined for sure.

Hopefully not. I could see it being a game to come out every new generation maybe but while Nintendo is pretty bad at avoiding doing rehashes, they're not that bad with it.

Well you could say the same thing for Mario Kart and Smash and they usually find ways to change it up a bit if not a whole not. It'd be better than the yearly releases of other games.

The only other thing I can think of is to change up the game is more game modes, which Call of duty also does, it adds new game modes with every release. So Splatoon really would be Nintendo's call of duty.

Oh, I love it. I'm just saying I don't want this to go on the same path of Call of Duty, just the same thing over and over just with a few things added.

I can probably assume that Nintendo would put Splatoon on the (NEW)3ds or next handheld though. which could be very good.

Back