Splatoon

Hm, weird. You give off the impression that you wouldn't want a sequel to it or that somehow Nintendo isn't capable of not milking the franchise. I mean it is a possibility and a likely one with how closer the Pokemon releases are getting though that's Game Freak. Still, I don't see why a sequel would be bad. I mean of course the game will be similar but if it was totally different what would be the point of making it a sequel?

Maybe because I don't want a sequel, I don't want it to spread as much as Mario like that old guy said, he's most likely new to these stuff. Nobody tops Mario in Nintendo. The day I see Splatoon 2 is the day I want Minecraft 2.

Splatoon is no threat to Mario but why should that even be a problem? Anyway, one thing to keep in mind is that at some point Splatoon is going to be mostly unplayable without some hacking.

Wow, Kyon sure stunk up this thread though I probably should've ignored him looking back
Yeah, the first game sure surprised people due to it just coming out of nowhere and shooting games not being something Nintendo really does. Everything about it personally impressed. I just wish the single player campaign was longer. I played the first game quite a bit but now here I am sleeping on the second and I'll probably not have a Switch in a long time grrgghh.

DXzSAlmVMAIOzvs.jpg

source

so, does anyone else here dislike the single player in Splatoon 2?

It started out, like, OK enough, but between the tedious hubs that require dumbass puzzles to enter every levels, the obnoxious Sheldon's Request mechanic and the level design (at least in the first two wolrds) being way too focused on sucking a single gimmick until there's only a dry husk left, it got old really quick. The playable Octololing annoucement sounded cool but having to play through 80 levels of this shit to unlock sounds like pure torture.

so, does anyone else here dislike the single player in Splatoon 2?

It started out, like, OK enough, but between the tedious hubs that require dumbass puzzles to enter every levels, the obnoxious Sheldon's Request mechanic and the level design (at least in the first two wolrds) being way too focused on sucking a single gimmick until there's only a dry husk left, it got old really quick. The playable Octololing annoucement sounded cool but having to play through 80 levels of this shit to unlock sounds like pure torture.
So I've had this issue with even the first game, but just finding the levels gets tiresome and I've never completed a singleplayer campaign of either Splatoon 1 or 2. I do like some of the level design though and think it's great, but as time goes on it really overstays its welcome and... yeah, the Sheldon stuff gets old too.

Back