The 3rd Wario Brother

Worlds greatest treasure hunter.
Diamond City Insider
I'm not huge on fighting games, i'm only a casual Street Fighter fan but every few years i get that itch to play SF and i've been playing quite a bit lately.

Too start who here played the original? I've never touched but i've been watching a few playthroughs of it and it looks like it controls super janky so i may not play it for awhile.

I palyed SF1 quite a bit since it's on the capcom classics remixed compilation and it's pretty terrible. The lack of alternate characters and standard fighting game features is not problematic in itself ,but the overpoweredness of the special moves combined with the awkward jerky animation and general worthlessness of your other options makes it a pretty unpleasant game to play.

The most disorenthing thing about SF1 is putting out specials reliably. That's because Street Fighter 1 times special moves based on input release rather th button press. So instead of doing down, df, f, punch to do a shoryuken, you need to press and hold thep unch at any point before hitting f, do d, df, and then release when you hit f. Doing them Primal Rage-style actually works better

DIYl3PeVAAAbtx-.jpg

I palyed SF1 quite a bit since it's on the capcom classics remixed compilation and it's pretty terrible. The lack of alternate characters and standard fighting game features is not problematic in itself ,but the overpoweredness of the special moves combined with the awkward jerky animation and general worthlessness of your other options makes it a pretty unpleasant game to play.

The most disorenthing thing about SF1 is putting out specials reliably. That's because Street Fighter 1 times special moves based on input release rather th button press. So instead of doing down, df, f, punch to do a shoryuken, you need to press and hold thep unch at any point before hitting f, do d, df, and then release when you hit f. Doing them Primal Rage-style actually works better
That's just what i expected. Supposedly the arcade machine used pressure sensitive buttons that couldn't be done on consoles so they use the time the d pad is held to emulate that which sounds horrible. 6 button scheme is best.

That's just what i expected. Supposedly the arcade machine used pressure sensitive buttons that couldn't be done on consoles so they use the time the d pad is held to emulate that which sounds horrible. 6 button scheme is best.

There were also arcade machines with the 6-button scheme. It's the version emulated rereleases of SF1 use.

It's kind of a shame that they don't bring back more of the original characters. Sure, some like Mike, Geki, and Joe are similar enough to Balrog, Vega, and Cody, but then we have unique characters like Retsu, who admittedly has no real characteristics, but plenty of potential for expansion, and Eagle, whose last appearance I thinkwas Capcom vs SNK 2, where he was really cool.

Also, I'd like to add that the first Street Fighter is the most balanced PvP fighting game ever made.

It's kind of a shame that they don't bring back more of the original characters. Sure, some like Mike, Geki, and Joe are similar enough to Balrog, Vega, and Cody, but then we have unique characters like Retsu, who admittedly has no real characteristics, but plenty of potential for expansion, and Eagle, whose last appearance I thinkwas Capcom vs SNK 2, where he was really cool.

he's in the psp port of alpha 3. His sprites and moves are recycled from CvS2 but he's a fully featured characters, having the -ISMs, bosses in arcade mode and stuff.

he's in the psp port of alpha 3. His sprites and moves are recycled from CvS2 but he's a fully featured characters, having the -ISMs, bosses in arcade mode and stuff.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that appearance. That game had a pretty solid roster. Still, I wish they'd put Eagle in more stuff. He's more interesting than some of the characters that we did see again, like Gen and Birdie (who, admittedly, is my main man in SFV, so I can't trash talk him too much).

Is anyone else bothered by SF V's "Fight Money" more than the lack of content? Street Fighter games are always barren on the first version but this whole in game currency that you can coincidentally buy with real money does not belong in the series.

>when you pick up street fighter collection on saturn and the street fighter anniversary collection gets announced 3 days later

Oh well. Playing with the Saturn controller + the collection will seemingly only have Alpha 2 vanilla and not Gold so it's not a complete loss.

Back