Super Mario Sunshine appreciation thread

Mario123311

Super Plumber Enthusiast
In the light of the upcoming NX Mario title, hoping it's not another NSMB - I feel this is sort of nessisary to talk about. Super Mario Sunshine is probably the first Mario game I played and is arguably what got me into the series. These days I find the game to be kind of unappreciated, especially by Nintendo themselves as the only games that felt as creative as Sunshine to me were Galaxy and 3D World arguably.

What are your memories with this game though? Think there's things they should try again or bring back? Would you like to see a sucessor of sorts to FLUDD's gameplay style?

Super Mario Sunshine

has some of the most broken and conceptually-flawed missions in any major sequel to a video game franchise.It is unbelievable how blatantly stupid a plurality of the game's task are

-The watermelons
-The pachinko
-The manta ray
-The lava raft
-"I'm a chuckster"

I've seen a few degenerates try to spin it as Sunshine being "too hardcore" for most gamers. Those people are insane.

I adore this game! I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I like it over Galaxy.

I like that Nintendo took a risk with the gameplay, and the levels are GORGEOUS. Just walking around Delfino Plaza is fun.

I just love how the world of Sunshine feels real for once instead of an abstract obstacle course. All the NPCs are doing something and saying something related to the world instead of just "Press A to Jump!"

I haven't gotten too far into the game yet as I don't have a Gamecube controller. Well, I have two unofficial ones, but they're too unreliable for platformers, I find.
So far I'm liking the main levels.
I can't say much more yet, I have some suspicions but I won't utter them until I've actually played the game good.

Back