Superstar Saga 3DS Re-remade Sprites

Shouldn't his top fin, lips, and tail be a little orange? And also his white skin should have a vanilla type color.
Well yeah, I used the 3DS version's colors.
I don't mind the new colors. In general, I don't mind changes that don't take away from the original design. A white belly instead of a cream colored one doesn't take away from it. But replacing the puffing up with just spikes on his head does take away from it.

Well yeah, I used the 3DS version's colors.
I don't mind the new colors. In general, I don't mind changes that don't take away from the original design. A white belly instead of a cream colored one doesn't take away from it. But replacing the puffing up with just spikes on his head does take away from it.
Yeah. But her lips are orange. So next time draw her with a nice smacker of huge orange lips. lol

Three more. ^^
sniper_bill_edit_by_shyguyxxl-dbsza3z.png

chuckleroot_original_design_3ds_style_by_shyguyxxl-dbt2t36.png

lakipea_original_design_3ds_style_by_shyguyxxl-dbt3odk.png

Hey Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam hater, if you don't like and defending Paper Jam you'll just get lost.
Trying to impersonate a Staff Member for really petty, PETTY, childish reasons?
You're lucky I didn't just ban you.
Do you do this to everyone who doesn't agree with you or just me?

I wasn't AS bothered about this redesign as I was with others... (at least it made sense within the context of the game's world) ...but I still wanted to see how I could make the old design look. That, and it was requested a lot. ^^
hammer_bro_original_design_by_shyguyxxl-dbtzrpf.png

Wah!
wario_s_unused_cameo_3ds_style_by_shyguyxxl-dbugdmg.png

Last edited:
ShyGuy, your work here is amazing and much better than the official remake. This is how it should have been done -- graphical updates while keeping the basic look and charm the original had. I'm so disappointed with that remake, there will only ever be one Superstar Saga to me. Maybe someone can mod your stuff into the new one someday, or something.

Also, getting rid of Mecha-Chomp is unacceptable.

Back