The Game & Watch Gallery series

warelander

Some random guy online
gwg.jpeg

For those who are unawere the G&W Gallery series is a series of games that gives you not only the original G&W games but also adds a "Modern" version for a lot of it's games where the overall gameplay is not only quicker from the start but also adds a ton of Mario elements to them.
I'm not going to lie, I have a bit of a nostalgic bias for these games, they are among the handheld titles that I have played the most as a kid.
It's hard explain, the games themselves (the Modern versions to be exact) have always been fun to me, but there was always something about the presentation (graphics,music,etc) that for some reason just really hits all of the right notes for me, even to this day!
The Modern games also always had interesting scenarios, which were of course based on the original G&W games, Oil Panic in particular always stuck out to me, I mean Bowser is standing on a tower that's burning on the inside with Mario in it and drops oil inside in hopes of getting rid of his nemesis that way, that's oddly gruesome for a Mario game.
Lil' warelander back in ye olden' days even made up his own stories on how those situations came to be and tried to connect them to other games in the franchise, Yes, that's how much they fascinated me.
Game & Watch 4 also has 3 very interesting details about it:

1.This is Mr.Game & Watch's first non Smash appearence:
game__watch_gallery_advance_15_TM_Standard.jpeg

2.It has some very interesting Wario Land 2 content in it, which has not gone unnoticed on this forum:
http://warioforums.com/index.php?threads/wario-land-stuff-is-used-in-game-watch-gallery-4.297/

3.Donkey Kong Country DK appears on the title screen, despite the fact that only Arcade Donkey Kong/Young Cranky Kong appears in any of the games:
gfs_45096_1_1.jpeg

Anyway I'm curious to see if someone else here has any memories with the series, until then I'l leave you with some of my favorite tunes from the series:

I was actually introduced to this series by my best friend... a bit late with Game & Watch Gallery 4. I played for a bit on her GBA and then played it on an emulator before buying the game in a second hand shop. It's around here somewhere (I hope). Some of my favorites:

Back