The Ko Takeuchi Thread!

Greedy Trickster

Long, tan, and handsome.
Ko Takeuchi is the Character Designer for WarioWare (and Rhythm Heaven) and even had a part in Wario Land 4! He draws and makes music! WarioWare is all drawn in his art style.

He has a tumblr and a twitter where he posts drawings almost daily. He does a lot of fan art of all kinds of things...and is REALLY into drawing internet memes. He drew Squidward dabbing. Not even joking.

Discuss him and his art here!

nahhhhh the next warioware will clearly have a microgame set themed around memes. some hot ideas my contact says are considered:

-da boi must retain balance on its unicycle
-dodge asteroids as nyan cat
-help pepe gass mexicans

Ko Takeuchi is an international treasure, and anyone who dares to tell me otherwise is my worst enemy (okay, not really, but I do believe he's an international treasure).

I think he's just a laid back guy that enjoys humor and cute things. Heck, even his memes are kawaii uguu.

He does draw magical things at times.

tumblr_ntlw0jjPsV1r1iw5yo3_r1_500.png

I'm actually a huge fan of his artwork. It would be nice to see him do more digital stuff.

Pics like yours and just all the other western art he draws, makes me feel like he is the opposite of a weeb. Let's call it a americaboo!

That character he drew represents GamerGate...

...I'm sure he didn't know, but neither did I, and now I feel completely and utterly stupid for retweeting it. I'll let him keep the retweet, but damn...

Hey, nothing wrong with GamerGate! Unless you believe sites trying to cover their own backside by making out that anyone who questions them is a 'troll' or 'harasses' people.

(I am so going to get crucified for that comment)

wasn't there a post going around about how Wario is actually the best example of a good and diverse game company because from a cat and a dog and a karaoke robot they all just wanna make good games?
...just saying that's even better if takeuchi knows the whole deal with gg
RESPECT FOR THIS MAN, MANC:rolleyes:

wasn't there a post going around about how Wario is actually the best example of a good and diverse game company because from a cat and a dog and a karaoke robot they all just wanna make good games?
...just saying that's even better if takeuchi knows the whole deal with gg
RESPECT FOR THIS MAN, MANC:rolleyes:

Think so. I definitely remember this.

But still, great point. Contrast:

Polygon: Complains about diversity. Has a staff of mostly identical rich white kids, about 90% male.
WarioWare: Has a staff consisting of a greedy anti hero treasure hunter, a teenage pizza delivery girl/reporter/treasure hunter/whatever her job is now, two preteen ninjas, a mad scientist, a karaoke singing robot, a young witch, a young martial artist and his mentor, the scientist's teenage daughter, an afro wearing disco dancer, a taxi driving cat and dog and a space alien.

I need someone to explain gamergate to me the more i try to understand it the less it makes sense to me

I was writing a guide about it for Gaming Reinvented, but it got lost under a Mario 3D World review, multiple interviews, a guide to fighting doxing and Nintendo Switch news.

Back