Wario In More Mario Games

It wouldn't be that difficult to get Wario to go along, just have him interested in the coins he can collect on the way or have Bowser (or whoever the antagonist of the game) slight him in some way like throwing a bomb in his face in the intro cutscene.

Though going with what Glowsquid said, there's another issue in that when balanced against Mario and friends, Wario's jump and run speed always come up short which just makes him useless in the long run (64DS was a real big culprit there). Though he would probably work pretty well in the NSMB games, since everyone is the same anyway. (Just makes it sting all the more than he wasn't included).

He should just have a shoulder bash attack. Rosalina has a spin attack in Super Mario 3D World while being slower and she can jump less high so it has to possible.

I think his shoulder bash could work quite well actually, like thats what he does when he starts running at top speed. He can take out the normal Goombas and Koopas with it but, like his own games, stops or gets hurt if he hits something like spikes or fire or something like that.

Or, considering how Nintendo treats him nowadays, go ahead and give him a double-jump from farting or something. :V

No kidding, I'd love to see Wario with a shoulder barge and Wario Land themed moves. Heck, I remember coming up with an idea for Wario in a 3D Mario game that had him actually turn into the likes of Vampire Wario and Wario Man during gameplay and smash through enemies with the shoulder barge while fighting through places like Kitchen Island and Diamond City. I see want to something like that in a real Mario game...

Yeah why not? It'd be like how Yoshi has his flutter jump in Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's an established skill of his and all so why not make use of it? Let him barrel through enemies and blocks and leave the environments as the actual challenges in the levels.

Also CM30.... I think if Wario-Man is ever playable he should be reserved for end-game.... Otherwise you risk breaking the game with his studly macho power set ):.

Yeah why not? It'd be like how Yoshi has his flutter jump in Super Mario Galaxy 2. It's an established skill of his and all so why not make use of it? Let him barrel through enemies and blocks and leave the environments as the actual challenges in the levels.

Also CM30.... I think if Wario-Man is ever playable he should be reserved for end-game.... Otherwise you risk breaking the game with his studly macho power set ):.

I was thinking him as an alternative to the Star for Wario. Maybe like Super Sonic?

Wario-Man could be superstar's wario's equivalent. Ex: If Wario were to hit a item block instead of a star it could be nasty garlic.
EDIT: CM30 beat me to it

Back