Wario Land 2 or 3?

thegoodguyslose

humma humma ding a D O N G !
Hey guys! Recently I've started a collection of physical Wario games that I've been playing on my old GBA. So far I have Super Mario Land 2 and Wario Land 4, and I'm definitely getting Wario Land since I've played it on Virtual Console and know that I like it. Now I'm trying to decide which of the two remaining handheld Wario Land titles to buy first, but I've never played either 2 or 3. I've heard generally the same positive reception about both, but I'd like to hear your recommendations or brief descriptions of the difference in gameplay/difficulty between the two. For reference, my ranking so far is WL4 > WL > SML2. Thanks!

I'd say get Land 2 first, Land 3 is my personal favorite, but I'd say that experience with 2 and a general feel of how the puzzles operate helps a lot with the latter, since Land 3 can seem a bit overwhelming to some, when first playing it.

I like to say Wario Land 3 is a better first game for a newcomer because it makes unlockable a bunch of abilities that were standard in WL2 and that annoys the shit out of my muscle memory, but really either are as good

Back