Say, what if Wario Land 4 II was the type of "post-apocalyptic remake" sequel that Super Metroid was to the original Metroid? For example, would:

the Emerald Passage become lifeless, polluted, withered and trash-littered?

40 Below Fridge and The Curious Factory become rusty and dilapidated?

the Topaz Passage have its resident toys be broken and sad?

Crescent Moon Village and Hotel Horror become filthy and roach-infested?

Doodle Woods have Hoggus look like a suicidal heroin addict?

Hall Of Hieroglyphs and Golden Passage look like the actual Red Brinstar from Super Metroid?

qqUwazH.png

Last edited:
Say, what if Wario Land 4 II was the type of "post-apocalyptic remake" sequel that Super Metroid was to the original Metroid? For example, would:

the Emerald Passage become lifeless, polluted, withered and trash-littered?

40 Below Fridge and The Curious Factory become rusty and dilapidated?

the Topaz Passage have its resident toys be broken and sad?

Crescent Moon Village and Hotel Horror become filthy and roach-infested?

Doodle Woods have Hoggle look like a suicidal heroin addict?

Hall Of Hieroglyphs and Golden Passage look like the actual Red Brinstar from Super Metroid?

qqUwazH.png
Nooooo, Wario Land 4 is such a happy thing ;__; Plus, WL4's whole deal is that everything in it is at the end of the day rather oddly perfect-looking. They're abstract paintings given form-- even if the paintings got damaged though, I don't think any effects would be seen other than "glitchiness", or perhaps big white gaps between areas, similar to the 5th episode of King's Quest: the mirror had only ever been displaying Graham's memory, which by that point had started deteriorating. The whole idea would probably be a pain in the ass to implement anyway, though.

Oh, and another thing; since Wario Land 4 damned near matches Super Metroid in terms of how ridiculously easy it is,

exactly how much of a difficulty spike is WL4 II planned to be when compared to its original counterpart?

Could the game's heart maximum perhaps be reduced from nine to four, for instance? (That's three regular hearts plus the extra "bar" one)

Last edited:
New Junk Landfill officially has an official upload, officiated by the office off-shore

The final in-game version won't have so many voices, obviously, but it sounds pretty good, I think.

Also, that old Lo-Fi track I made got re-branded, now that I'm posting other CD tracks, so now it has the proper naming scheme

Another goofy request for you: why not make the Hotel Horror CD "Local Forecast - Elevator" and title it Wario Hates Everything?

(Anyone who has at least slightly proper taste in YouTubers should know who I'm talking about)

A whole new set of Sound Room tracc's. The fake ASMR track & the "Lo-Fi Wario Guy" tracks I shared some time back are a couple that I made specially (planned to replace Avocado Song and The Short Futon, respectively) but beyond that we also have a MIDI recreation that I did (and stupidface did QA on) of Colonel Carloft's "Even More WL4 Stuff" for Crescent Moon Village/Yesterday's Words, a Waarangement of Eminem's Cleanin' Out My Closet for Mystic Lake/Tomorrow's Blood Pressure (because the main EP riff used sounds a lot like the end section of ML's outdoor theme). I've got a few more ideas beyond that, though, like
"And I Love Her" by the Beatles for Wildflower Fields/Things That Never Change;
"Star Maze" from Mario Land 2 for 40 Below Fridge/The Moon's Lamppost (because kek);
Driftwood & the Island Dog I'm thinking about making into the Wind Waker opening theme, and have it be like a bait and switch (if I can get it to work the way I plan-- otherwise it'll be a trimmed down version of my Voya Nui Bay waarangement from BIONICLE Heroes DS;
"New Junk City" from Earthworm Jim for Toxic Landfill/Soft Shell ("but wait!" I hear you say. "Soft Shell is the Pinball Zone CD!" To which I say "yes, but
The Judge's Feet I'm wanting to turn into that Royksopp song from the Geico Caveman commercial, and also since when do WL4's CD's match the level they come from");
I plan to make Beyond the Headrush into one of Ocarina's temple themes, possibly the Shadow or Water Temple, maybe Fire (feel free to weigh in);
Mr. Ether & Planaria I'm working on making into the Wally battle theme from MOTHER/EarthBound Beginnings ((God I hate the English name));

uhhhh and that's all I've thought of at the moment. Oh yeah, and Forest Whitaker by Brother Ali for Palm Tree Paradise/About that Shepherd, although it's intended more as a spiritual Hall of Hieroglyphs CD, for reasons that will become apparent once heard. This was sent to me by an acquaintance of mine after we found out the other liked Em's music, and as I listened to it, I realized that this is literally the exact kind of song you'd find on one of those Spotify mix tapes 20-something girls make for specific characters, fucking number one, only the character in question is Wario. So, not only does it sound like pretty Hall of Hieroglyphs, but the words also work as if Wario wrote them.

Edit: I just got an idea-- it may be possible to replace the Medamayaki karaoke track without also replacing Palm Tree Paradise, as I think there is a 2nd MIDI in the game's files for it. If that's the case, I'm going to make that the Brother Ali song instead.
I still would like to have some songs I could request to be for CDs. Maybe the unused tracks from the early days you could recreate, from the levels? Like the How to Play song from MPDS which was its own thing back in the day.

As good of work as I've grown to do with LMMS, it still doesn't seem to be convertible into proper MIDI format; need a work-around, please

(maybe we could invent one)

As good of work as I've grown to do with LMMS, it still doesn't seem to be convertible into proper MIDI format; need a work-around, please

(maybe we could invent one)
Lol that would be pretty cool. But wouldn't that be a bit too advanced at this moment in time? Plus, I am not even a PHD Calculus level coder. Not even close.

Seriously, though; the mere thought of having this as the Hall Of Hieroglyphs theme:

Also doubles as a joke about the original area that the song was used in being purple just like the Entry Passage (and, you know, being a tutorial level)

Seriously, though; the mere thought of having this as the Hall Of Hieroglyphs theme:

Also doubles as a joke about the original area that the song was used in being purple just like the Entry Passage (and, you know, being a tutorial level)

as for the hoh, still sounds like a good idea.

Last edited:

an older track I was saving for when I started posting some more CD replacement tracks, but then I remembered, I have started doing that, so here we are.

Back