Wario: MOD: Regional Differences in the Museum

I noticed that depending on the language setting or the regional version of Wario: Master of disguise the exhibits are different so i made pictures of the differences and post them below.

In english the soap has Soap written on it and is neyt to a black comb.
20200613_182943.jpg

In german it is the same with exception of the removed letters on the soap.
20200613_183024.jpg

In Japan the soap was on a scroll and had bamboo and a red stamp on it while the comp had a different design.
20200613_183432.jpg

At the corridor leading to the sphinx is a window featuring a robin and a chick in german and english.
20200613_182827.jpg

In japanese the robin has been replaced with an uguisu (a japanese bird) and the chick has company.
20200613_183407.jpg

Oh wow, there are definitely are quite a few interesting changes here. Guess it kinda fits with how other Wario games are localised as well? After all, I remember quite a few microgames and scenes in the WarioWare series were visually changed to make them easier to understand/more local to each region.

Yeah, Nintendo's localisation changes can be baffling sometimes.

Still remember how they thought British Luigi's Mansion 2 players would somehow recognise the word ravine more than canyon...

I don't quite remember what the quiz questions were in the german version, but they were mostly based on puns or riddles, so making the pictures easy to understand would probably be very important, as to not confuse the player.
For example, the golden frog probably had a riddle related to the Frog Prince fairytale, and having another frog might take away from that, since the frog prince only had one frog in it. So removing the other frog would make the riddle easier to get.
As for the chicks, maybe it had something to do with grammar. Like maybe the answer required a singular, rather than a plural or vice versa.

Hola, estoy feliz de saludarte, no sabría exactamente la razón por la que cambian las imágenes cuando cambias el idioma, lo he probado y funciona perfectamente, puedes ver en las imágenes que subes que cambian pero es bastante extraño ya que en teoría ningún juego puedes cambiar imágenes ni wario ni ningún otro

Back