[Upcoming Game] WarioWare: Get it Together! announced for Nintendo Switch!

I have noticed that this game will be in more languages than the last one (such as Russian, Dutch, Mandarin Chinese and Korean), so hopefully we get some amazing new voice actors for those languages! That sounds way exciting! I wonder if voice acting is part of the reason why we have not seen Penny or Fronk? Also, some really cool new art!
1600px-WWGIT_Ashley.jpeg

1200px-WWGIT_Young_Cricket.jpeg

WWGIT_Dr_Crygor.jpeg

I haven't played WW in like +10 years, I guess it's time for me to finally play this franchise for real :p Luckily I should be able to catch up in a few weeks since WW games tend to be pretty short.

I really hope they put out a demo or something like with the last game. The whole gimmick of using a character probably has to do with the Switch Lite, even though I am sure everyone was expecting things like what was in 1 2 Switch, I am curious to try this out! Innovation!

If that's true, then thank goodness for the Switch Lite. I'd be way less interested in this game if it was based around using motion controls with the detached joy-cons.

So I just went to the game's page on the Nintendo website again and I just noticed they added this little tidbit at the very bottom and on the NSO part of the page (correct me if wrong, but I think it's a new addition as I don't recall seeing it when it was first announced).
NSO.png

While it's hard to say for sure, it's possible Get It Together may have some kind of online mode.

Well, we know for a fact that you can play co-op with friends online (?), but I am not sure if that at the bottom means competitively from around the world, which would be perfect for WarioWare

I can see online leaderboards for each set of microgames or for each microgame but people will either figure out a way to cheese it out or to just plain cheat, which kind of defeats the purpose of that feature :wahlaughback:

You know, I wonder if they were planning on doing a straightforward sequel that used split joycons, hd rumble etc., but the switch lite forced a redesign so they went with the character concept

I have noticed that this game will be in more languages than the last one (such as Russian, Dutch, Mandarin Chinese and Korean), so hopefully we get some amazing new voice actors for those languages! That sounds way exciting!
Don't get your hopes up, though. To quote Zelda wiki:

"Breath of the Wild is the first main game in the series to be localized into Russian and Dutch. Eiji Aonuma himself appeared in the Russian and Dutch Nintendo Switch presentations to introduce the game to Russian, Dutch, and Flemish players. Although the Dutch localization is text only whilst retaining the English voice-overs, the Russian localization covers both text and voice acting."

In fact, for the latter language, BoTW was first, and so far last Nintendo game to feature full voice acting. The reason is likely because it's Nintendo's major product.

Localisation of Mario Party games in another languages usually cover only text and the announcer's voice clips (In Russia, at least, I know that for sure). Given that WarioWare:Get It Together now has an announcer who shouts the commands at the beginning of each microgame, I fear that this is as far as those localizations go.

Either way, here's to hoping! I would love to hear them in Mandarin. I honestly wonder if the voice acting has something to do with Penny's absence. I hope we get all the same foreign language VAs from Gold! The Spanish ones were just that!

I think we could definetely get Ware and Land together on the same console. But for Land we would need a developer (The Ware Team doesn't do platformers). But hey the Advance Wars Remake is co-developed by Wayforward, which opens the possibility of Indie Studios helping with Nintendo IP revivals, which I really like. On the other side Wayforward was my number one pick for W.Land in terms of Indie Studios but they are busy .
Probably won't ever happen, but a Shantae and Wario crossover would be the dream, or at least a guest appearance of the former in a new Land game.

Another thing I really hope they put is more songs for the levels! I hope Dribble and Spitz get a new one since that was their thing in the earlier games, they are always so cool! Do you guys think that the character concept will be a bust? I think it will be fun to see how different things react to the different characters in the microgames themselves! I wonder how this will effect the mode where you go for the high score in each one, unless they do away with that entirely like Smooth Moves.

Well... I haven't really been active since Get it Together was announced, but I'm glad we get a new WarioWare game, even though I still stand by my opinion that we should have had a Wario Land game for Switch by now.

The artwork is, well, how should I describe it? It's more of Gold, which isn't really a good thing if you ask me, but at least it's consistent in that it keeps the designs of several characters that received an update in Gold, even though I don't like them. Dribble and Spitz, for example, still look rather bad and Mona's more modest redesign is one that I will never prefer above her pre-Gold one. But hey, at least it didn't become worse, and that's enough for me.

As for the microgames themselves, the coop-oriented aspect looks good, but we will have to wait for release before we can really judge it the microgames and how well they play.

Probably won't ever happen, but a Shantae and Wario crossover would be the dream, or at least a guest appearance of the former in a new Land game.
That's something that I've been saying for basically as long as I've been a huge fan of both Wario Land and Shantae, but realistically speaking I estimate the chances of that ever happening to be very slim, which is a shame indeed, since these two perfectly allow for crossover between the two, not to mention that Shantae herself has already starred in a few crossovers, none of which were gameplay-wise as close to her own series than Wario Land would have been.

It would be amazing if they could add some stuff from Mega Party Games, since it had cool multiplayer stuff! Maybe there could be a mode based on Outta My Way with other people trying to block the one completing the microgame? That would be epic!

Wow! Watching this footage got me thinking about something: we know that the games will be based around themes like Gold, as Wario is still Intro Games, Mona is That's Life, 9-Volt is Nintendo Classics, and Dribble & Spitz are Fantasy... but I wonder if this game will be like the first game in that each character will have their own theme? I could almost see it...
Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.05.35 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.05.24 p. m..png

Kat & Ana could be Nature (or Animals?), like Mega Microgame$!
Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.04.54 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.05.13 p. m..png

Ashley could be Food, like in D. I. Y.
Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.06.01 p. m..png

Captura de pantalla 2021-08-09 a la(s) 8.06.14 p. m..png

And this new boss guy (!) could be, once again, Anything Goes.
This looks like it could be the case and it's awesome because the only other games in the franchise to do this were Mega Microgame$ and D. I. Y.!! The Volts wouldn't be unique, probably.

Last edited:
New cat mario episode has new footage of the game, including a brief showcase of co-op microgames (first 2 and a half minutes)

Good to see some more footage from what Get it Together is going to be like. I'm glad that they at least brought back that "birds on power lines trying to shit on you" microgame back, and that one based on Super Mario Land. I've always like these two a lot, so it's nice to see them return.

Small detail at 1:03 I noticed: Mona's scooter does not apper to have wheels? Is this just a stylistic rendering for the sake of simplicity, or did her trusty vehicle receive an update by Dr. Crygor? Also, at 1:23, is this supposed to be a SMG2 "Hell Valley Sky Tree" reference?

Back