Was Shake It a miracle?

BooDestroyer

Treasure Collector Extraordinaire
A completely random team like Good-Feel having developed it (but now they're stuck in yarn duty), made in a time when nobody expected it at all, and when Nintendo R&D1 themselves stopped with Wario Land a long time ago. The thought of this game being made at all is quite vexing in a way.

It's one of those "being in the right place at the right time" situations, isn't it? It's one of those random games that gets made at a random time by a random team. Only to be never heard from again afterwards... (Doesn't help that Good-Feel doesn't even want to give a damn about it either)

Last edited:
I guess they realized that they should give Wario one more fighting chance... maybe because of his being in Brawl? Either way, while I enjoyed the game, I'm really sad that it got no sequels. *Cries*

The interview on the official site makes it sound like making the assets was a pain in the ass. Something about how a small change on a given sprite would require redrawing every frames.

While the game was beautiful, it left me unfulfilled. Just like Epic Yarn... Hm. Maybe Yoshi's Wooly World will be lackluster too?

GoodFeel are great at aesthetics... not so good at actual game/level design. Even their giant battles they helped with in Dream Team have quite a few flaws in the design/programming...

Still, at least they're better than Artoon! So Yoshi's Wooly World will still be a step up!

Thanks for reminding me how much I want a Wario Land made by Retro Studios. TTnTT

You're not the only one. Retro could make a fantastic Wario Land game if they put their minds to it.

Unfortunately, Nintendo fans would flip if they heard the studio were working on this series instead of say, Metroid or Zelda or Star Fox.

You're not the only one. Retro could make a fantastic Wario Land game if they put their minds to it.

Unfortunately, Nintendo fans would flip if they heard the studio were working on this series instead of say, Metroid or Zelda or Star Fox.
Why would Retro make Zelda or Star Fox when Nintendo's already making those?

Can you really ruin Wario that badly? Okay, the fart jokes can be bad, but... we're not gonna see Wario constantly talking about 'the baby' and having a break down in front of his enemies.

I do agree that Wario having a break down crying in front of an enemy would be highly out of character. Even a good chunk of bad fanfic writers understand Wario better than that, of that I'm sure.

Though I don't think Team Ninja was to blame for Other M's writing? I thought they only did grunt work.

Team Ninja didn't "create" Other M at all. They merely developed it.

They also worked on Hyrule Warriors.

But really, how dead is SPD anyway? Does Nintendo want them to fail?

• Informative
Reactions: 607
Back