What do people think of Project M?

SurrealBrain

I like Amitie.
I haven't tried it myself, though it's only because I don't have my own copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, though I'm thinking I'll get it eventually, especially since I've been enjoying both the 3DS and Wii U games. I got the latter by sheer luck, since I wasn't even expecting to get it that day).

The thing that catches my interest the most, however, is Wario's portrayal. Apparently, Wario's moveset is altered to be more like Land. Not perfect, and the Wario Waft is still there (though according to the official website, it's been depowered), but from what I'm seeing on there, it seems to improve the portrayal a little.

The details are here.

The mod makes numerous other changes, which makes me think that if I ever buy Brawl, I'll be getting two Smash games for the price of one. All methods supported by the makers of the mod require a legit copy of Brawl, and a 2GB SD card (or less, but not more). Sadly, there's no PAL support at the moment. I heard it may come eventually, but for now, it isn't.

What do people think of the mod?

It's really neat. The game plays much faster than Brawl and I think all around most characters have less floaty jumps ("most" because some were designed to have floaty jumps like Olimar and Jigglypuff.) It's basically Melee but with improved graphics and neat skins (like a Masked Man one for Lucas and Mr. L for Luigi). It might not be super perfect but hey at least they made Wario decent by giving him a charge attack.

Guru Kid is a really good Wario, but Junebug beat him with Ganon.

BTW, Ganon can hover around like Peach in that game since his design is based off his design from Ocarina of Time.

upload_2015-1-30_20-15-55.png

Last edited:
Now, now, there are other places for discussing characters you do and don't like.

Now, I swear after 2014 put me through so much crap, 2015 seems to be throwing me a bone, though there's still 11 months left. I say that because I finally got Brawl. It's late, but better late than never, right?

I decided to download Project M as well. I think it's a well-made mod for the most part. Quite enjoyable. Warning, I may have gone overboard again, so if you don't have time to read long posts, you can ignore this.

Wario's moveset is so much better than the one in regular Brawl and even the 3DS/Wii U games. Wario's shoulder bash (which was downgraded in Brawl and removed entirely in 3DS/Wii U) is restored to its former glory, he can do a ground pound, and can punch his pfist into the ground. Even playing as him in the Subspace Emissary makes it feel more like a Wario Land game.

I like all the other things, minor or major, added as well. Those adorable outfits given to the Ice Climbers, Samus getting some alternate outfits, Fox, Falco, Link, Zelda, Shiek and Ganondorf being given their Melee designs as alternate outfits, Dr. Mario is an alt for Mario, it's all amazing! Sonic getting an outfit based on Beat from Jet Set Radio also spoke to the Sega geek in me.

Also, bringing back Mewtwo and Roy. That's always a plus.

The characters, besides Wario, get alterations, minor or major, to their movesets. I haven't tried them all, but Mario is back to his down B in here, and Pit has a different up-B move. Still need to try them all, though.

However, it has its negatives. Unless you have the homebrew channel, you can't make any custom stages, because you can't have any if you want the mod to work. Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems like it freezes up sometimes when I pick a stage in the Stage Select area. So far it's minor, but annoying.

Also, the mod adds the ability to zoom in and out much farther than before. It just shows why it wasn't done that way originally, for some artifacts are made much more obvious.

Also, if you want to go back to playing Vanilla Brawl, please, for the love of frack please remove the SD Card, for it'll just freeze the game if you don't because it's the game trying to read it as though it's custom stage data.

Otherwise, though, it's a good mod, and I'd recommend it. Just beware of it freezing on you.

I can't stand the fanbase. Every time someone mentions Smash 4 or Brawl, they HAVE to jump in and say that the Project M mods do a better job than Sakurai and be all high-and-mighty. It's extremely annoying. The mod itself is pretty cool in that you can add characters.

Back