What graphics do you want to see ripped from Wario Land 4?

Hall of Hieroglyphs (everything):

hallofhieroglyphs.png

Something I'm working on:

HotelHorrorSprites.png

The amount of different tiles and palettes in Hotel Horror is ridiculous. Above? Maybe about 50% of it. There are at least two more corridor/room backgrounds, and guess what? You can only see them during the escape sequence where the colours go all haywire. That said, I do find it cool how the palettes go from blue to darker blue to purple to red as you get near the top floor and switch. Especially given how the red palette looks rather ominous...

Would have been funny if this flag had a 20+ frame animation, considering how many frames lots of other animations have

I was actually expecting that, and was surprised it didn't have so many animation frames.

The actual domino blocks in the level do seem to have a lot of animation frames though. And trying to rip the falling domino graphics is a nightmare...

Huh? I never realised there are Wario tiles in the file menu.
But to be honest, I just selected a file and never really looked at the background, so I could have missed it.

It's pretty easy to see:
It's the unlockable background you get either by beating Hard or Super Hard (I can't remember which). The standard background for the menu is this:

View attachment 1064

Huh, didn't know it was unlockable. Well, that must explain why the tile viewer shows a bunch of graphics not used in the version I ripped.

Say, has anyone ripped the minigame stuff? Especially the Wario roulette sprites? I don't think I've ever seen them in a sheet.

Not yet, but that's on the list.

I've now also ripped the full Arabian Night tileset:

index.php

If you're assembling them for a fan game or ROM hack... god help you. It's not an easy tileset to set up, not at all.

Back