What's a game that is generally hated or disliked that you actually enjoy and a game generally liked but that you dislike ?

NacklesK

Putting the DZ back in Diamond Zity
Diamond City Insider
Rule: You must have atleast played the game.

Disliked games that I like : Sonic 3D Blast and Chaotix, while they are flawed (espacially Chaotix) I still have some fun with it. Plus, the OST for those games are porbably my fave of all time.

Liked games that I dislike : Super Mario Bros. 2 USA (that's Doki Doki Panic) and Super Mario Sunshine, while I don't hate them... I don't know I can't seem to enjoy them. I wanna like Sunshine but every time I play it I end up having a bad time (that's maybe because I suck at it but eh...)

Last edited:
Disliked games that I like: Banjo Tooie and Deltarune. I always still thought that Tooie was a worthy successor to Kazooie and that it's introduction of boss battles were cool, since the only boss battle back in Kazooie was Gruntilda. And Deltarune because although people didn't like how their choices didn't matter (which was heavily different to Undertale), like Tooie to Kazooie, I thought that the writing, humour and story all genuinely made Deltarune a worthy successor to Undertale and I am hyped for the rest of the chapters to release.

Liked games that I dislike: Any Fire Emblem Game and Fortnite. Fire Emblem is a series that I heavily dislike because there are too many characters to keep track of and because how Smash Ultimate has like 8 Fire Emblem reps yet they left Sonic to rot alone in that game. Also I fucking hate Corrin with my life, if Sakurai makes another Smash game I want the only Fire Emblem reps in the game to be Marth, Lucina, Roy and Robin, cuz that's like a balanced mix. Also I can't relate to the characters and "Lost in Thoughts All Alone" is the worst song I have ever heard of in my life. And although I never played Fortnite, I detest it because there are WAY too many collabs and it's basically a pay to win kind of game to me with the amount of skins and weapons. And of course it caused kids to spend their parents' hard-earned money on V-bucks like come on. But the worst offender of all? Any game made by Ryan's World. Yapper warning ahead for my opinion on this btw.

So lemme get this straight, one £50 game, a whole ass expansion and a DLC pack for a straight-up RIP-OFF of Mario Kart, with half the charm and none of the fun, wasn't even enough for this bratty piece of shit, huh? All of that, for nothing. Because well lookee here, looks like we have another shit-show of a game made by that cheap-bucking child called Ryan's Rescue Squad. OmG, wE GeT To pUnCh lEgO BlOcKs aNd cOlLeCt sHiNe sPrItEs wHiLsT ExPlOrInG ThE EmPtIeSt aNd eAsIeSt lEvElS KnOwN To mAn? Oh, I'M So eXcItEd!!1!1!1!1 This is easily the WORST game I have ever seen in my life and I am NOT, never will waste hard-earned cash to play this amalgamation, or ANY Ryan games for that matter. Imagine this, take a fresh copy of New Super Mario Bros, cover it in slime, mud and life-threatening diseases, and as if my magic, and as ugly as a mandrake, Ryan's Rescue Squad is born. If I had to say at least ONE good thing about Ryan's Racing, it graphically at least looks okay. Maybe not that good, but not that bad either. Ryan's Rescue Squad's graphics, however, are so bad that it makes a baby scribbling on walls with paint look like a painting made by Vincent Van Gogh for all I know. And don't even get me started on the plot... Ryan and his friends were kidnapped by the evil BOWS- oh I mean Dark Ryan and now they have to collect Shine Sprites (straight ripped from Sunshine) to get back! What a plot, defos doesn't seem like a combination of Odyssey and, well, pretty much every other Mario game. This game is so easy and so stupid that it makes pressing an elevator button looks as impossible as jumping off the Grand Canyon and surviving. And although I haven't played the actual game, I heard about the boss battles and BOY WAS I STEAMED! Now lemme tell all of you, I LOVE my boss battles in a video game (which is why I love Cuphead and Kirby for such reasons.) Fighting a really strong unique enemy with multiple attacks and phases makes the game way more fun and interesting. But they ruined it ALL. So lemme get this correct, the boss goes as follows. They fly really slowly towards one side of the screen, shoot down the EASIEST bullets to dodge whilst moving SUPER SLOWLY to the other side and then does this OVER AND OVER. No second phase? No other attacks? And THEY LITERALLY DIE IN ONE HIT!? AND THE "FINAL BOSS" IS A BOSS RUSH OF THE PREVIOUS 3 BOSSES!? NOT TO ADD THAT SAID BOSSES HAVE THE EXACT SAME GIMMICKS AND ATTACKS WITH THE ONLY DIFFERENCE BEING THAT EACH BOSS'S MOVEMENT AS YOU FURTHER PROGRESS ONLY GETS MARGINALLY FASTER!? WERE THE FUCKING GAME DEVELOPERS HIGH WHEN THEY DID THIS? WAS THIS A GOOD IDEA TO RYAN BECAUSE THAT SHITASS SURE HAS NO IMAGINATION TO THINK SO! The game is also only 2 HOURS long and the Story Mode is the only option? No extra mini games, no boss rush modes, nothing? That's it? So much for £50 Ryan. And the biggest insult of them all? Every characters has the same functions. No uniqueness, no style, nothing. No heavies, no lightweights, all characters are equal. Huh, Ryan really is a communist to think that. As a person who has played many beautiful video games from all sorts of developers and appreciated all of them for their charm and beauty, I am shocked, disgusted, horrified and disappointed that this game, and even Ryan's Racing, were given the green light. It saddens me that innocent pure kids decide to waste their parents' hard-earned cash to play this junk and hope to become like that disgusting influencer Ryan one day. We need to put a stop to this, because this growth in popularity means that Ryan could take over the game industry and ruin all of the games we know and love. We need to protect gaming, we need to stop Ryan once and for all, before it is too late...

Last edited:
Disliked games that I like: Banjo Tooie and Deltarune. I always still thought that Tooie was a worthy successor to Kazooie and that it's introduction of boss battles were cool, since the only boss battle back in Kazooie was Gruntilda. And Deltarune because although people didn't like how their choices didn't matter (which was heavily different to Undertale), like Tooie to Kazooie, I thought that the writing, humour and story all genuinely made Deltarune a worthy successor to Undertale and I am hyped for the rest of the chapters to release.
How is Deltarune a disliked game ? People basically worship this game and Undertale. They study their lore like it's some religious book. I feel like people read into those games way too much. Like, guys, it's a video game, not the Quran, chill out. This is "telling the English teacher that not every book has a hidden meaning" meme all over again. Deltarune isn't even complete and people already praise it to death, I've even seen a lot of people saying it's better than Undertale.

Also I didn't play Undertale (but I did plenty of videos about it, 99% of them praising it) so I won't one to speak but I've played Deltarune and... it's ok I guess ? The music's great, the character' and story are... yeah I don't like the characters, I think they're not very interesing. Chapter 1 was kinda fun at fist playthrough, though I didn't like Chapter 2. And the 2nd playthrough wasn't great so... So, it's fine but I don't really like it (I should have probably put it in "Liked games I dislike").

If you didn't figure it out I'm not the biggest fan of those types of indie games, espacially the RPGs I feel like they try to hard to be smart and "trying to go out of the norms" that it just comes off as prententious. Except Cuphead, that game is awesome and actually rivals AAA games.

How is Deltarune a disliked game ? People basically worship this game and Undertale. They study their lore like it's some religious book. I feel like people read into those games way too much. Like, guys, it's a video game, not the Quran, chill out. This is "telling the English teacher that not every book has a hidden meaning" meme all over again. Deltarune isn't even complete and people already praise it to death, I've even seen a lot of people saying it's better than Undertale.

Also I didn't play Undertale (but I did plenty of videos about it, 99% of them praising it) so I won't one to speak but I've played Deltarune and... it's ok I guess ? The music's great, the character' and story are... yeah I don't like the characters, I think they're not very interesing. Chapter 1 was kinda fun at fist playthrough, though I didn't like Chapter 2. And the 2nd playthrough wasn't great so... So, it's fine but I don't really like it (I should have probably put it in "Liked games I dislike").

If you didn't figure it out I'm not the biggest fan of those types of indie games, espacially the RPGs I feel like they try to hard to be smart and "trying to go out of the norms" that it just comes off as prententious. Except Cuphead, that game is awesome and actually rivals AAA games.
I think most people didn't really like it because right off the bat your choices don't matters and in Undertale the thing that made it so good was that your actions determine the fate of human and monsterkind

Also, did u read my rant about Ryan games yet? You might get a good chuckle reading it.

Liked game that I dislike: Wario World. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people love it. The game is really frustrating to play for me and drives me nuts. I got to Pecan Sands and gave up after losing all my coins. I might try again and beat it some day, but not anytime soon. I agree with NacklesK about Sunshine too.

I can't really think of a game that I like that is generally disliked by players. I like some games that people would consider "overrated," or have no interest in playing. The closest thing I could think of is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. That game has a lot of mixed responses, but I had a lot of fun playing it.

I think most people didn't really like it because right off the bat your choices don't matters and in Undertale the thing that made it so good was that your actions determine the fate of human and monsterkind

Also, did u read my rant about Ryan games yet? You might get a good chuckle reading it.
I gotta be honest.... Who's Ryan again ? I might have heard about him but not really... I know he's hated and... It's like bad YT kids content for kids but... yeah.. I don't come from an English speaking country so I don't about it and I feel like I'd live better without knowing about it, sorry...

Liked game that I dislike: Wario World. I'm sorry, I know a lot of people love it. The game is really frustrating to play for me and drives me nuts. I got to Pecan Sands and gave up after losing all my coins. I might try again and beat it some day, but not anytime soon. I agree with NacklesK about Sunshine too.

I can't really think of a game that I like that is generally disliked by players. I like some games that people would consider "overrated," or have no interest in playing. The closest thing I could think of is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. That game has a lot of mixed responses, but I had a lot of fun playing it.
Actually, I've heard plenty of peole say that Wario World was boring too which is why I have refrained from playing it. Maybe one day I'll use Nintendon't on my Wii to play it-- uhh... I mean, pay 80€ for a 2003 GameCube to legally insert in my non-modded Wii.

Screenshot 2024-08-23 182906.png

I'm sorry, I don't like using roms like that and I much prefer buying the phyisical edition to rip it with CleanRip but.... I'm not paying that.

Edit : I haven't noticed but one of them says 899.00€ ! WHAT THE HECK ?!
Here's a convertion :
Screenshot 2024-08-23 190917.png

For that price I hope it cures cancer.

Last edited:
Disliked games that I like : Sonic 3D Blast and Chaotix, while they are flawed (espacially Chaotix) I still have some fun with it. Plus, the OST for those games are porbably my fave of all time.

Liked games that I dislike : Super Mario Bros. 2 USA (that's Doki Doki Panic) and Super Mario Sunshine, while I don't hate them... I don't know I can't seem to enjoy them. I wanna like Sunshine but every time I play it I end up having a bad time (that's maybe because I suck at it but eh...)
By the way, I didn't include any games I didn't play and neither should you. I do get that there are games you wouldn't like but you can't really say you didn't enjoy them when you haven't played them. (Otherwise I would've 100% put Undertale and Friday Night Funkin' in "I dislike" section).

By the way, I didn't include any games I didn't play and neither should you. I do get that there are games you wouldn't like but you can't really say you didn't enjoy them when you haven't played them. (Otherwise I would've 100% put Undertale and Friday Night Funkin' in "I dislike" section).
What if you have watched walkthroughs though? Ik it's just another person playing the game with no commentary but hey, all of the game's details are revealed to you and you can give your personal opinion on the game after having seen it without playing it, right?

What if you have watched walkthroughs though? Ik it's just another person playing the game with no commentary but hey, all of the game's details are revealed to you and you can give your personal opinion on the game after having seen it without playing it, right?
Nah ! You have to play the game. There are multiple instances where I think I'll enjoy the game when watching a video but in end up have a bad time playing it and vice-versa.

Also I forgot to add that but I unironically Paper Mario : Sticker Stars though it is flawed.

Also I forgot to add that but I unironically Paper Mario : Sticker Stars though it is flawed.
Don't mean to be insensitive but did you guys know the Sticker Star actually has some Nazi influences in one of the game's main story parts (aka that "Sniffit or Whiffit" gameshow.)

Don't mean to be insensitive but did you guys know the Sticker Star actually has some Nazi influences in one of the game's main story parts (aka that "Sniffit or Whiffit" gameshow.)
Where did you get that information ?! Oh... You're talking about the gas chambers ? I know that they are famous for having used them but you do realize that there were used before WW2, right ?

Where did you get that information ?! Oh... You're talking about the gas chambers ? I know that they are famous for having used them but you do realize that there were used before WW2, right ?
Still though, WW2 was when they were considered the most (not in a good way ofc.)

Still though, WW2 was when they were considered the most (not in a good way ofc.)
Yeah... I still fail to see how an Italian plumber stuck in a gas chamber until he wanser questions in order to pbtain a sticker and WW2 are 100% linked. I think it's just some coincedence and even if it's not, the link between the two is so minor it might as well be. Killing someone with poisionous gas isn't anything new or innovative.

Liked game that I dislike: GTA the series. It is because I don't like a videogame that have all those gross and bad guys characteristics and that it is the only fun of the video game.

Disliked game that I like: Donkey Kong 64. I like so much all of this videogame, it is like Banjo-Kazooie, but with Donkey Kong characters. Donkey Kong 64 has a lot of content. I also like his multiplayer mode, his unlocked secrets, the bosses, his music. I can't understand why people hate Donkey Kong 64, I never seen a riview video for know why players hate Donkey Kong 64, but I still like it.

Back