What's popular around you?

Amiibro

Ph.D Gamer
Since Nintendo hasn't been too nice to us with all the new announcements, we've been having to entertain ourselves with other things and we see all these new fads while we wait for our new Wario games. So I'm asking you, what's "hot" around where you live? From songs to clothing to toys. I swear I heard that song "See you Again" from furious 7 about 20 times in the past 3 days.
In electronics everyone is smitten with the iPhone 6.
So what fad(s) is circulating around where you live?

For the last few weeks when I've been into college on Fridays (apprenticeship qualification stuff), just about the only thing I've heard about from the other people there were discussions about The Walking Dead, which I don't particularly care about, and 'deze nuts', which I'm assuming is funny to somebody. Might've been for me if it weren't said about fifty times every hour.

To be honest I'd rather just stay at work than have to go every Friday anyway.

For the last few weeks when I've been into college on Fridays (apprenticeship qualification stuff), just about the only thing I've heard about from the other people there were discussions about The Walking Dead, which I don't particularly care about, and 'deze nuts', which I'm assuming is funny to somebody. Might've been for me if it weren't said about fifty times every hour.

To be honest I'd rather just stay at work than have to go every Friday anyway.
I forgot about that obnoxious "deez nuts". Which seems impossible because of how often it's said.
The walking dead. I thought a show everyone would be talking about would be Game of thrones. Which is a popular show around here that I forgot to mention. I've heard both shows were good, but I've never fully watched them.

I forgot about that obnoxious "deez nuts". Which seems impossible because of how often it's said.
The walking dead. I thought a show everyone would be talking about would be Game of thrones. Which is a popular show around here that I forgot to mention. I've heard both shows were good, but I've never fully watched them.
I've played a bit of the first Walking Dead game and it wasn't really my cup of tea. Never seen either show, sadly, so I can't comment on them.

Usually, they may have heard of Wario himself...but Wario Land and WarioWare are another story.

As for Puyo Puyo...I'm lucky if I even get a "I heard of it, but never played it." I hope to get my cousin to play it...I have an idea for a birthday present, since her birthday is coming up.

And don't even get me started on how it was back in Middle and High School...I was always an outsider when it came to these things. The only reason I knew any of what was popular was because it was everywhere.

Funny thing is that if I enjoyed a fad, it's likely that unlike most, I still get enjoyment out of that thing that's "deader than Disco." I still like Guitar Hero, for one. I find it a legitimately fun game.

Last edited:
I never heard of Puyo Puyo until coming to this site, actually : p But I really like SurrealBrains avatar, I think its way cute : p Its enough to get me to at least check out the game on youtube : p

And I dunno about like everyone in my city, but I do know what the people at work like. Most of them are pretty much the same actually : p They all like box, they all talk about games like Halo and Call of Duty and Destiny and some other lame games I dont crea bout at all : p They all like heavy metal, I have to listen to disturbed and five finger death punch and all these other bands I hate at work allllll morning long : p I really dont like their music, haha : p They all make lewd jokes, if I have to hear another "thats what she said" joke Im gonna pull my hair out and scream : /

For the most part, no one I know likes anything I like, and even online, its not real common : p

Um... the boys: from one side (the side I don't really have friends on), football (you know, soccer), from the other (my) side, Pokémon.
The girls... I don't really know... pop music, for most, I guess. And Instagram and Snapchat.
And we occasionally have iPad apps that get very popular, and then are never seen again after a few weeks. In rare cases, it gets revived a year later.
There's also this video on Facebook which maany girls are quoting, something like "It's me. I'm under the water. Help please."

I live in the middle of nowhere, so like... hunting I guess. That's the only activity I can think of that a significant number of people I know do. Country music is also extremely popular.

I almost lived in the middle of nowhere too, but we stayed in the big city just because I'd be raised better in the city. People raised in those small towns could take drugs and all that, my cousin who's the same age as me (probably months older than me though.) already drinks, does drugs and smokes, they'll all like they if you grow up in those small middle of nowhere towns.

I almost lived in the middle of nowhere too, but we stayed in the big city just because I'd be raised better in the city. People raised in those small towns could take drugs and all that, my cousin who's the same age as me (probably months older than me though.) already drinks, does drugs and smokes, they'll all like they if you grow up in those small middle of nowhere towns.

I live in a good sized city, and literally everyone I know does these things : p

Yeah that sounds pretty backwards to me :b I usually associate the city/ghetto with drugs. In my town it's mostly old people who probably haven't even heard of most of the drugs on the market today.

Where I live, I've never come into contact with drug use (outside of medication, of course). In Amsterdam, it's huuuge, but here in Frisia, not so much, I think. I never go to public places like pubs or bars, though, and I don't know where to find the sketchy corridors and gambling places, but it's definitely under the hood, and not happening on the streets or something.

Back