Which Wario Land games are beatable coinless?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
As in, where you can reach the end without getting any coins in levels?

Because I've seen a ton of videos about if the various mainstream Mario titles can be beaten that one, with people like Mayro and Ceave Gaming having attempted titles like Mario Galaxy, 3D Land, 3D World and the New Super Mario Bros games under similar conditions. Same with Skip the Tutorial and Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.

So which Wario Land games could be beaten that way? Are there any you could complete with collecting any money?

It’s hard to say- I’m sure a number of them would be possible, just really damn hard. For instance, in Wario World that would not only mean that you can’t get a single coin, but also that you can’t defeat a single enemy, because you get coins after defeating a boss depending on how many KO’s you got in that level.

Shake It is definitely out because you need coins to buy the different maps (right? I guess it’s been a fair while since I’ve played through that game...)

Ah yeah, forgot you needed to buy maps in Shake It. So that one's out of the question.

Wario World definitely seems like it'd be nearly impossible as well.

Yeah, I think we can count out Wario Land 4 here. Five seconds into the Hall of Hieroglyphs, and the game drops you on coins right after entering a pipe, then requires one or two more to be collected to use the second pipe.

You then need to avoid getting coins from breakable blocks, which seems to be virtually impossible.

This trend continues in Palm Tree Paradise, with more undodgable coins, including next to Keyser. Similarly, you'll need as few hearts as possible left at the end (each one gives you 50 more coins on the end screen), and you'll still need to reach the end in time (which from my testing, would give you about 15 seconds left if done correctly on normal mode), which means the levels would become insane chores for a task that's still impossible overall.

unavoidablecoins.png

A perfect 'ascetic' run for Palm Tree Paradise would still leave you with about 200 coins.

It's impossible to beat the first Wario Land game coinless as you get 300 coins automatically when you defeat Captain Syrup's Genie.

Yeah, I think we can count out Wario Land 4 here. Five seconds into the Hall of Hieroglyphs, and the game drops you on coins right after entering a pipe, then requires one or two more to be collected to use the second pipe.

You then need to avoid getting coins from breakable blocks, which seems to be virtually impossible.

This trend continues in Palm Tree Paradise, with more undodgable coins, including next to Keyser. Similarly, you'll need as few hearts as possible left at the end (each one gives you 50 more coins on the end screen), and you'll still need to reach the end in time (which from my testing, would give you about 15 seconds left if done correctly on normal mode), which means the levels would become insane chores for a task that's still impossible overall.

View attachment 8836

A perfect 'ascetic' run for Palm Tree Paradise would still leave you with about 200 coins.

As a child I often tried to get at least gems as possible in the WL4 levels, and if my memory is right, I beat Mystic Lake collecting only three gems. But I don't know which levels can be completed without collecting a thing, if there are any.

Back