Who is your favorite Nintendo charater that is not associated with Wario Land/Ware

Ashley's my all time fav, my 2nd favorite Nintendo character is......

mario.jpg

Super Mario himself!! YAHOO!

Oh, I should have put Ganondorf, too : p I really liked him in OoT and WW, he was a cool villain that I enjoyed alot :3

(though, I have honestly never actually beaten WW : /)

Seriously no one has said Samus yet?! I love her so much and wish Nintendo would stop mistreating the series. Super and Prime are some of the best games of all time.

Yeah man she might be my favorite protagonist of all time here as well. She's always got her hands full saving and sometimes exploding planets when she gets done with them. Always liked with certain games such as super metroid she goes on to save the animals showing more of her compassion something we don't really see often in her respected series. Definitely would be cool if retrostudios would come back to bring other prime or prime related games like the trilogy. Honestly with the NX coming out they could use that for a brand new metroid something along the lines of maybe gameplay from other m but with a more compelling story, one that would make samus more of a character rather than some one who can't handle themselves. By compelling I'd probably mean how samus must have felt after the dismissal of the galactic federation, how they also ordered to collect metroids, enemies that samus herself has been hunting in previous games like metroid ii and super metroid. Maybe they should finally bring about the conclusion of fusion since chronologically that game came last and is somewhere after the events of other m.

I like Samus, though I dont feel her character is too deep. So couldnt call her a favorite.

I like Zelda a bunch, but kinda depending on the game : p Like TP Zelda, she felt..... kinda pointless : p But I really liked WW Zelda (As I said before), and I liked her in OoT, thought Shiek was way cool.

One I think most people forget, the Gerudo Commander from OoT, who guards the Gerudo fortress-

gerudo-1.jpg

13_Valley14_Large.jpg

I really liked the Gerudos in OoT when I was a kid : p Thought they were way cool. Fighting her was one of my favorite parts of the game. Its the only time you ever see her, but she was way cool : p

I like Zelda a bunch, but kinda depending on the game : p Like TP Zelda, she felt..... kinda pointless : p But I really liked WW Zelda (As I said before), and I liked her in OoT, thought Shiek was way cool.

Zelda is a really interesting character or should I say Zeldas, due to how there's been numerous Zelda's across the franchise same as Link. WW Zelda's have always been one of the more carefully planned ones, especially when you played stuff stuff like spirit tracks she basically was a hero herself in it. Accompanied you and also helped in trying to figure out puzzles. Same with Shiek. When Zelda is incooperate into the story she can definitely be a very key and helpful heroine herself. She also has a hand at helping you fight Ganon in certain ending boss fights.

Speaking of Zelda in general I really liked Cremia, another very fun loving Termina resident. It's funny her relationship mirrors Link's and Malon's from Oot. Love how determined she was when she wanted to save her ranch not just from the aliens but those other mario cameo'd ranchers who tried to put her out of business.

Cremia's the older sister, who wanted your help with the Gorman brothers. Romani was the one who enlisted your help in stopping the aliens. Both are great characters, in their own ways.

Thanks I get Cremia and Romani confused since they're very much look alikes, definitely like them both and it really felt good beating the Gorman brothers as well whom I also forgot their names of till now.

Cremia_&_Romani.png

If Wario from Wario Land is my favourite Nintendo character and Sonic is my favourite videogame character, My second favourite character is....

KING DEDEDE. I love his personality and desing, he does, he want and the rest doesn't care absolutely nothing :cool:

dedede.jpg

images

images

images

Last edited:
King Dedede is up there for me. I actually have an elaborate headcanon about him,
So, as shown in Kirby's Adventure, King Dedede is trying to save Dream Land from a great evil force. That game also states that he gave each piece of the Star Rod to his friends, among them being Meta Knight. This shows that King Dedede and Meta Knight are friends. Also, in Kirby Squeak Squad, the chest containing Dark Nebula was found in King Dedede's possession before the Squeak Squad stole it, and Meta Knight rushed to retrieve it, with no real explanation as to how he knew to show up. Given his friendship with Dedede, it's likely that King Dedede contacted Meta Knight and told him what happened. This, combined with the fact that Dedede and Meta Knight are two of the most powerful beings in Dream Land, leads me to believe that King Dedede and Meta Knight are actually two heroes working together to protect Dream Land from invading forces like Nightmare and Dark Matter. One thing that seems out-of-character for such a noble character is that time when he steals all of Dream Land's food. In Kirby's Dream Land, King Dedede not only steals all the food, but also the Sparkling Stars required to grow more food. It seems unusual for him to also prevent them from harvesting more food if he was just doing it out of greed. I think that he actually did it for leverage, to force the denizens of Dream Land to officially recognize him as their ruler if they didn't want to starve. This would allow him to more efficiently run Dream Land, and perhaps bolster his army and make Dream Land a safer place to live. Meta Knight did also once attempt a conquest of Dream Land with the Halberd for that reason as well, after all. Instead, however, he baited out a hero to stop him, allowing him to find some potential future help in the form of Kirby. Given Meta Knight's behavior in Kirby's Adventure, it's reasonable to assume that the two realize that Kirby has great potential to help them protect the land, which is why Meta Knight seemingly tries training Kirby rather than stopping him. It's not unreasonable to assume that Dedede realizes the same thing. After all, pretty much all of his appearances lately have had him helping Kirby, and he usually fights Kirby either because he's being controlled or because of a misunderstanding.
However, my number one choice has to be Bowser. He's just got such a fantastic personality whenever he's allowed to (as in, when Miyamoto's not in charge; LOOKING AT YOU, STICKER STAR), and he's an incredibly badass dragon-turtle with a massive army, and exquisite interior design (if dimly-lit brick castles and molten lava are your thing, anyway). And no matter how many times he loses, he never gives up. Pretty admirable guy, when you can look past the kidnapping thing.

Really weird, how is it that I was the only one who had Mario? MARIO IS THE MASCOT OF NINTENDO, PEOPLE! MARIO SHOULD BE EVERYONE'S 2ND FAVORITE! NO MATTER WHAT!

Mario's actually an interesting case. Despite having basically no dialogue whenever he appears, he's still sometimes pretty well-written. Most notably, the Paper Mario games do a great job of making Mario interesting without having him really say anything. He adds a lot of good visual humor to the games, and his interactions with other characters give the other character something to play off of and show off their fantastic personalities. That said, despite how well some writing teams can utilize him, he's still probably the most boring character in the main cast (I mean, unless you count characters like Toad or something). And it shows; when you get people together to play a game of Mario Party, for example, rarely will anyone immediately gravitate towards Mario. He's iconic, but he's not an interesting character, which is why almost nobody will say that Mario is their favorite Mario character.

Haha, King Hehehe actually has his favorite characters organized in a list : p

I just randomly have characters I like, I dont really have them in any order or anything : p

Another character I really enjoyed was Cynthia. Loved how composed she was especially towards the incidents with team galactic who as we've all seen another organization bent on ruling the world only to get beaten up by 10 year olds. Aside from that I have enjoyed how she's also been shown in other pokemon games such as black and white with a much harder team which was a pleasant surprised, especially since in DPP she also had a more diverse team than most other champion's. Believe she's also mentioned even in XY with Drasna addressing the dragon village.

Lon'qu is also some one who should get a mention too. His outer cold appearance makes him come off as heartless but that isn't the case. Especially if you see more of his backstory through interactions with him and other characters mainly females due to his gynophobia. It seems he had blamed himself all these years for something horrible that happened in his life that looms over him. As you pair him with others he soon learns to just let go and to make the most of the present to stop living in the past.

Back