Who the hell thought Chortlebot was a good idea?

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
No, not in terms of game design, but in terms of in universe character design?

Because... for a robot meant to entertain people, it's sure got a ridiculously creepy design and way, way too much firepower. Just look at this thing:

Chortlebot.png

Does that look like something that would somehow not terrify the hell out of every kid watching? Or for that matter, most adults? Because even the creepy weirdo costumed characters on kids shows and stuff make the smallest effort to appear 'non threatening'. This thing looks to be designed almost like a monster clown serial killer.

And that's not even getting into the things attacks and abilities. A flamethrower? On a clown? A flying clown with a flamethrower? Who thought this was a good idea?

It reminds me of the robots in Five Nights at Freddy's, which again, were somehow given intelligent AI and human murdering abilities despite never actually needing them, as well as a design which was completely unfitting for their purpose.

So yeah, who designed this thing? Who thought it would entertain people rather than scare the hell out/brutally slaughter them?

The Shake king might have reprogrammed him from a peaceful entertainer, to the monstrosity we see in the game...

True. But the design... I'm not sure I see how that could come across as not menacing regardless of his actions.

I mean, animatronics are often scary (see those at Chuck E Cheese equivalents in both real life and fiction), but this is another thing entirely.

I think his boss music is awesome, at least. I liked how it got faster as he lost health, and don't recall the other bosses having that.

I think his boss music is awesome, at least. I liked how it got faster as he lost health, and don't recall the other bosses having that.

Yeah, that was pretty cool:

Definitely made you feel like you were in danger. Creepy circus music going quickly is a pretty ominous thing to hear, isn't it?

Back