Why is Wario Land the most discussed thing on this site?

I noticed that the Wario Land section of this forum is the most active one :)
This is the 100-th topic (yeah, 100!), and the 593-rd post in that forum section.
This make me happy, because how underrated the series is, to find a community where people values these games :)
but i do wish to hear you guys opynions on this. Like i sayd, the Wario Land forum section is the most active one. Why is it like this? Is this because there are more Wario Land fans? Does it have something to do with the games themselves? Is it because there's more to talk about in this section?
What do you guys think?

Not sure. There may actually be more wario land than wario ware fans on here. I myself haven't ever played wario ware, so that's clear enough in each case. I think the off-topic section may get more active later, but as long as most of the people have an other (primary) forum besides warioforums.com, that might actually not happen.

For a few reasons:

1. It's easier to discuss than World, Master of Disguise, Wario Blast, Wario's Woods, etc (cause they're single games which never got sequels).

2. We first advertised on Nintendo 3DS Community and DK Vine. Those two sites have more Wario Land fans than WarioWare ones, and hence the first few people who joined (with one or two exceptions), were Wario Land fans. We're trying to counter that a bit though, by advertising elsewhere as well.

It might also be demographics. Wario Land's fans tend to be heavier forum users than WarioWare's fans. Not 100%, but I suspect there's a reason why most Wario Land discussion (where it exists) is on forums and most WarioWare discussion (where it exists) is on sites like DeviantArt and Tumblr. It might be because WarioWare fans are more likely to be more 'casual' gamers than Wario Land ones (a percentage being the type of gamer who plays games purely as an occasional hobby rather than an almost full time thing), or it might be because they're likely to be Nintendo fans with an interest in this series as a small part of an interest range including say, Smash Bros, Mario, Zelda, etc, which they feel more inclined to discuss regularly.

We are trying to counteract all these potential issues.

For me:
1) it's something i grew up with
2) and played more than the other nintendo games i had. More than Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, more than the GBC remake of DKC. And maby even more than SMB Deluxe.
3) Nostalgia made me watch a lot of LPs of my childhood games, especialy WL2, WL3 and WL4. As i watched each, I payed more and more attention
4) Daniel's book on Wario Land 4 and J. J. W. Mezun's analysis of Wario Land 3 levels made me look at these games more analticly. And so I started thinking about the game elements, analyzing thinks. It may also be the reason I started that fanfic.

And i really have a lot I can talk about in this series.
You can see how active I am in this section :p
And i have 2 more interesting articles planned - one for WL2, and one for WL4 :)

EDIT:
Wow, Exeggutor, we were both typing at the same time, but you posted 2 min before me. I only saw it now after I posted mine thought :p

For me:
1) it's something i grew up with
2) and played more than the other nintendo games i had. More than Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, more than the GBC remake of DKC. And maby even more than SMB Deluxe.
3) Nostalgia made me watch a lot of LPs of my childhood games, especialy WL2, WL3 and WL4. As i watched each, I payed more and more attention
4) Daniel's book on Wario Land 4 and J. J. W. Mezun's analysis of Wario Land 3 levels made me look at these games more analticly. And so I started thinking about the game elements, analyzing thinks. It may also be the reason I started that fanfic.

And i really have a lot I can talk about in this series.
You can see how active I am in this section :p
And i have 2 more interesting articles planned - one for WL2, and one for WL4 :)

EDIT:
Wow, Exeggutor, we were both typing at the same time, but you posted 2 min before me. I only saw it now after I posted mine thought :p
What fanfic?
Because WarioWare is bad.
Not everyone here shares that opinion though.

Warioware is more gimmicky and use the system or a gimmick to the microgames' advantage (Twisted, Touched, Mega Microgames, and my personal favorite DIY, Game & Wario is basically an advanced version of the Game & Watch imo). Perhaps we could make a thread of what gimmick will come up next in the WW franchise however as weird as they are the microgames are less fun (but perhaps addicting and pressuring).

Yeah, WarioWare is pretty good, actually. I was mostly making a joke.
People discuss Wario Land more because... There is more stuff to discuss. WarioWare is mostly about the micro-games, which aren't really that interesting to talk about.

Back