Would a new Wario game gain traction for Wario and his communities?

Ninja_Cat

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
The Nintendo Switch is extremely popular and continues to do really well.
Wario sadly hasn't been doing too well with Nintendo the past number of years. Warioware on 3ds was released at the end of the 3ds' time. Nevertheless, the Switch has been more popular than 3ds and it still has a lot of time before the Switch's prime ends.
If Nintendo suddenly announced a new Wario game soon, would a lot of people buy it? WarioWare in particular has a variety of characters different people would love. Or do you think Wario's more popular times with Nintendo will remain dormant?

It could, as long as it had the right advertising. I think a new Ware would do a lot better than Gold did because it would be on a popular console in its prime.

Depends on when it comes out and how it's marketed.
If it's marketed well and it came out now or the next couple of years while the Switch is still popular and in it's prime, then sure, it's likely. But if it becomes a Gold situation, where there's little to no marketing push for it and it comes out right at the end of the Switch's lifespan, by which people don't care about it anymore and are more interested in whatever Nintendo's next console ends up being, then it probably wouldn't do much bar a brief revitalization. Like what Gold did.

Last edited:
I would love to see a new Warioware on the switch. The new mechanics and abilities on the switch would make for some cool new microgames. It would also introduce a lot of younger Nintendo fans to Wario games, which would be great to see a new generation experience the things that you grew up with. It just has to be marketed well and not released at the end of the switch's lifetime when no one would be interested like Gold was.

If it came out on the Switch around about now (or next year), then absolutely. Almost every Nintendo game released on Switch does better than most titles in its respective series, and brings a ton of new fans to the series (see Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda Breath of the Wild, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Mario Party, Splatoon 2, etc), since the console is so hyped up right now.

But if like @TB100 said it came out at the end of the Switch's lifecycle instead and didn't get much marketing... yeah the effects wouldn't be too noticeable sad to say.

It's hard to tell, but I think Wario certainly has potential for a Switch game, although I think Land moreso than Ware, since we already got WarioWare: Gold on the 3DS not too long ago, while we haven't had a Wario Land game in literally decades. If Wario got a new game on the Switch, whether it be of either subseries (or perhaps even something entirely new, who knows), then I think there's every chance of Wario getting a whole new generation of fans that would reshape the fanbase to an extent we've never seen before, and although I might be a cynic sometimes, I genuinely believe this would be for the better, but of course that can only happen if the game is, well, you know, actually good, or at least decent enough to be noticed by non-Wario fans. But, as CM30 said, almost every game on the Switch is one of the most successful of it respective series, so that's something to give us hope.

Back