Would you be OK with Gold being the last game?

Hmm?

• Total voters
i'm extremely divided on the issue. i say yes, i'm fine with this being the last game for the same reasons as others, it feels definitive and it's a nice way to cap off the series. it's also just generally good to stop before something starts to go stale.

but at the same time, i'd feel really sad if this was the end. i've really grown to love the characters and their universe. the thought of there never being another story about them again is really depressing to me. i know we can always write fanfiction and stuff but it's just not the same. i don't know how keen they would be to make a spinoff game either considering how badly game and wario went.

i've really grown to love the characters and their universe. the thought of there never being another story about them again is really depressing to me.

I get you. Though I do tihnk there's something to be said about having beloved characters retired while they sitll mean something.

While they still mean something?

This is Nintendo. If they can be bothered, they can keep a series good for years/make it great again pretty easily. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Kirby, etc. All as good as ever, with characters people love and who will probably mean 'something' until the end of the world.

I can see why some would rather have Gold be the last Ware, as it did have a slight feeling of finality
and I wouldn't be against it being the last game.

But I don't think Gold should be the last WarioWare game. I think there are many venues the series could and should continue to explore, especially with the Switch being a thing.

Hell if anything, I could argue Gold opens up new opportunities and ideas for the series
such as more unique challenge modes, more overarching stories and other numerous things.

Last edited:
Not that I think Gold's commercial performance will doom the series (the opposite actually) but I'm wondering what everyone thinks.

It seems almost heretical to say in this age of endless mega-franchises, but yeah I would. From a gameplay standpoint, Gold does feel pretty definitive in quantity, quality and how it mix the type of inputs featured throughout the series. from a ~story~ perspective, it does a pretty admirable job at bringing all the major characters and giving them equal focus (except Mike, poor bastard) and it actually kind of resolve the running gag of Wario not paying his employees by having them get one on him for once. It's a lovely little game and a far more fitting note to end on than Game & Wario.

Furthermore, looking at the history of nintendo rd1/spd1/whatever theyre called now, it's clear the studio is at its best when it does new and surprising things that upends the conventions of video games, not churning out endless sequels because that's what the fans want. WarioWare itself exists because its makers decided to do something new instead of Wario Land 5 or Kid Icarus 3, after all.
I absolutely do not want WarioWare to end. But hell, if anything, they shouldn't drop the franchise or characters, make something new, but at least keep the cast we all love so much, like maybe umm, a 2D platformer with the cast as playable characters? Hm? Sounds like an amazing idea to me!

And hey, WarioWare Gold is the first new game in years if you don't count Game & Wario (which I don't, it's a spin off) and WarioWare Gold I feel like was kind of a test by Nintendo to see if people still cared about WarioWare Inc, and with the game's recent success, they might just make a WarioWare Switched.

As much as I'd love to see the series continue, if this did wind up being the end, well, it could be a worse way to go. It actually does have a bit of a celebratory feel for the series as a whole, and in general, unlike what some suggested with WarioWare: D.I.Y., it feels like it actually could stop here.

That said, if one comes to Switch, I'll be right there grabbing it. Day 1, I can't say for sure, but I'll definitely be there.

Also...
[the card for master mantis says he's interested in "quick switch style" so...

Back