Your favorite "little things" in the WarioWare series

Magma

Oldhead
Diamond City Leader
I made a thread like this for the Land series which was quite successful so I thought I could do the same for the Ware series.

I for one quite enjoy that despite the fact that there is usually minimal plot and storytelling, there is a bit of lore that seems to be quite consistent too.

I love it when there's continuity between microgames or even different games. Like how sometimes certain characters appear again later.
Like this wrestler:
upload_2018-3-14_13-44-36.png

Also appear in WarioWare Touched:
Arms_Race.PNG

Some of the other wrestlers appear as well.

And this couple:
Rockreunion.PNG

Who appears again in Smooth Moves:
WWSM_Tearful_Reunion.png

Or the robots from this game... appearing again in Twisted. Well, the entire microgame is basically the same, except with tilt controls.
WWIMM_ManicMechanic.PNG
Robot%21%21.PNG

There are more little examples all over the place and I love that.

I love it when there's continuity between microgames or even different games. Like how sometimes certain characters appear again later.
Like this wrestler:
View attachment 6468
Also appear in WarioWare Touched:
Arms_Race.PNG

Some of the other wrestlers appear as well.

And this couple:
Rockreunion.PNG

Who appears again in Smooth Moves:
WWSM_Tearful_Reunion.png

Or the robots from this game... appearing again in Twisted. Well, the entire microgame is basically the same, except with tilt controls.
WWIMM_ManicMechanic.PNG
Robot%21%21.PNG

There are more little examples all over the place and I love that.
Oh yes I love that wrestler
image.jpg

For some strange reason I really like Pyoro-chan, as a character and sometimes cameo as he appears in the background to menu's and such in various warioware titles.
Also love the fact that he himself is a parody of something else, chocoball mascot kyoro-chan aka the strongest dagashi.

On a similar note as what was already mentioned, I just really like how well the series does at referencing it's past installments, with Game & Wario being the champion in that regard, among other things I recall :

-Jimmy is accompanied by two cats during the intro.
-Wario's Laptop shows up for the first time since Twisted.
-Wario is antagonized by a mouse again, like in Twisted.
-Wario's entire stage is one huge homage to the Tiny Wario stage in Smoooth Moves.
-Dr Crygor's lab has it's design from the first game again.
-The entire premise of Gamer is similar to 9-Volt's ending in Twisted.
-A few of the Gamer minigames are references themselves, even DIY get's a nod.
-Wario Man makes two appearences.
-Sal Out and 5-Volt appear for the first time since Touched.

And that's just off the top of my head, I'm certain there would be even more if I booted up the game to look for stuff.

Last edited:
Another little thing I forgot to mention, I'm not sure why, but I love the noises the enemies in Shake It make. Their little whimpers and cries make me feel kind of bad for attacking them.

Oh yeah, that's pretty neat. Much nicer than the old cut to a new screen way from the GBA/DS games.

I like how Smooth Moves went with 3D versions of Clu Clu Land and Balloon Fight, for their respective microgames, instead of the usual 8-Bit versions. It's especially nice with Balloon Fight, with how many microgames of that game we have it's nice to have something a bit different for once.

I like how Smooth Moves went with 3D versions of Clu Clu Land and Balloon Fight, for their respective microgames, instead of the usual 8-Bit versions. It's especially nice with Balloon Fight, with how many microgames of that game we have it's nice to have something a bit different for once.
Yeah, it's really great when they make new art assets for these, instead of just recycling old sprites or models.
WW:DIY did that a couple of times when they had to make 2D sprites of 3D games.
Zeldadiy.png

It definitely looks interesting.

I really like how a lot of Wario's games in Mega Microgames are similar or straight up subversions of microgames from the others.

For instance you have four microgames that borrow from or insert Wario into classic Nintendo titles. See here, here, here and here. Naturally this brings 9-Volt's games to mind.

Mona has a microgame involving eye drops, Wario has a very obvious subversion of it.

Jimmy has a golf game, where you need to putt the ball into the hole, Wario has his own variation of that.

Dr Crygor has a game where you decorate a cake on the first level, Wario has a game where he eats off of a cake instead.

Crygor also has a game where you eat an apple. while Wario's version has him squeeze an apple.

Those are the one that come to my mind right now.

I really like how a lot of Wario's games in Mega Microgames are similar or straight up subversions of microgames from the others.

For instance you have four microgames that borrow from or insert Wario into classic Nintendo titles. See here, here, here and here. Naturally this brings 9-Volt's games to mind.

Mona has a microgame involving eye drops, Wario has a very obvious subversion of it.

Jimmy has a golf game, where you need to putt the ball into the hole, Wario has his own variation of that.

Dr Crygor has a game where you decorate a cake on the first level, Wario has a game where he eats off of a cake instead.

Crygor also has a game where you eat an apple. while Wario's version has him squeeze an apple.

Those are the one that come to my mind right now.

Haha, I love how Wario parodies the microgames of his own employees.

Back