Your general gaming anecdotes and/or stories

The 3rd Wario Brother

Worlds greatest treasure hunter.
Diamond City Insider
Title says it all, post all the gaming experiences you've had. Also i know its a long ass title.

I remember when i was a wee lad and i just discovered SNES emulation and i had old windows version of Dr.Mario and my grandma even just bought Dr.Mario on the gameboy for me and my siblings since we always huddled around the computer to play it. Yet i stilled opted to emulate Dr.Mario & Teris simply because i prefered the music. Yeah, save to say grams was a bit dissapointed. I kinda had the same experience with Teris, same rom too. Thought the Dr. Mario will always stick in my head since i played that more.

>buys call of duty mw3 on ebay
>guy asks me if we coudl arrange a meet up
>ok
>goes to sleep
>someone rings at the door
>it's a cop
>has gun, uniform and everything
>what did I do
>guy: "oh yeah I'm the guy you bought the game from. i was on patrol here today so I figured I might as well deliver it to you"
>hands me the game

probably my most interesting game buying experience

Christine Marie Cabanos is not one of my favorite voice actresses but somehow she keeps voicing a lot of my favorite characters in things and it does not please me.
I89iv56.png
5DijGJi.png
OUqd1w6.png
Squid Girl in her own anime series, Ringo Andou in Puyo Tetris and Himiko Yumeno in Danganronpa V3.

I once played Persona 3: FES on the highest difficulty Blind. The game isn't balanced around Hard mode being on a new play through, so I went in with dirty tactics to try to beat the game. Like all SMT games, that is extremely hard to do and I almost locked myself out from beating the game various times. I arrived at the Hanged-man boss when I realized I forgot to buy equipment a few months ago in-game. So I had to play the entire boss fight carefully and repeatedly. The successful run of the Hanged-man boss took me 2 hours and 30 minutes. I finally get to the end of the game and I fight the last boss. I was so fed up at this point, I glitched the boss purposely to reduce it's 2 attack a turn to 1 attack. Forced the hell out of the boss and beat my head up against the wall till I won.

ATLUS please balance Hard mode for fresh new games

Okay so this is one of my most unforgettable tales from when i was a youngster.

I remember when i was in Kindergarten i was with my dad and he had this friend in the neighborhood that he took me to see since he has kids of his own. One of them my age and and the other a little younger. We hung out and played some games and i noticed while we where playing in the living room that he had plastic containers full of so many GameBoy games. I was a bit jealous so i asked if we could play some GB games. He said it was cool and so we played some games together for awhile. I then hang out with his younger brother and he has a cassette tape he shows me, its pictures of babies with some depressing sounding music and he talks about how he wants to take care of babies when he's older. It was kinda sweet looking back on it but at the time that was my strangest experience up until that point so i was super weirded out. not understanding these new feelings of confusion 5 year old me was experiencing i thought i was scared so i just sorta said i'd be hanging out with his brother downstairs again so i could get away from him. The kid was in the bathroom so i waited in the living room. I noticed that the adults where chopping it up in the front porch and cracking some cold ones. So since no one was looking i went to those GB games and browsed them. I saw some games i already had like WL:SmL3 and Kirby's Dream Land, as well as ones i didn't like Tower of Druaga and Spider-Man. There was one that caught my eye, a picture of a helicopter. I could barely read so i thought it said Helicopteriii (not a typo that's how i understood it). Since the opportunity is there i snatched it for myself. I figured they wouldn't notice among all those GB games they had. Seriously that looked like a whole collection to me and all the cartridges where haphazrdly thrown into plastic containers . I pocket the game and act as though nothing happened and the day goes on like normal. Sunset comes and my dad takes me home and i get exited to play "my" new game. The game in question in case it wasn't obvious already is Choplifter 2 and i had fun playing it. My dad notices i have the game but says nothing, he didn't care. After all i would hang around him a lot and he was a bit of a clepto himself so maybe he thought it was his fault. Whatever reason it really was he just acted like he saw nothing and i continued playing. Nobody else ever knew about this, not even the kid i took it from but a week later i kinda got what i deserved since a 4th grader was bullying me and i ended up in my first real fight. Hesaw me take out my GameBoy and play it on in the corner of the playground as i waiting for my siblings to take me home. He mentions he's been asking his mom for Choplifter but she won't let up since money is tight. If i remember correctly he said something like "Gimme your game or else". I just said no and he got mad and bopped my on the top of my head. I said stop but he continued so i put my GameBoy on the bleachers and threw up my hands. Oh how naive i was. He made minced meat out my arse and took the game while being kind enough to leave my GameBoy there and i never saw that copy of Choplifter 2 ever again.... Jokes on him though, the next day he wanted to beat me again after i tried to urge him to give me back Choplifter 2 but 2 of my older siblings came to pick me up from school and where prepared since i came home all bruised up last time. So they grabbed him by the arms and I started punching him until he cried and left. Still never got back Choplifter 2. I didn't want my family to find out i stole a game but if i stood up to this kid alone i'd get beat up again. So it was left at that. That kid never bullied me again. No one knew i stole the game but i never got to play that game again. Some trouble i got into for stealing, sure learned my lesson

That was the first time i ever stole something and it ended being one of the most peculiar experiences I've had. My siblings bring up the fight with the 4th grader every now and again as a funny story but no one in my family knows i stole a game making me a bully target.

Moral of the story don't steal someones game, and if you do definitely don't start playing on your way out from school.

Back