Your thoughts on Game and Wario?

pete

Diamond City Dweller
I hate to admit I don't own Game and Wario and I have only played it briefly. I kind of get the feeling/impression it killed the Wario Ware franchise (seeing as there hasn't been a 3DS entry)

It has always peaked my curiosity, because for 20-30$ it looked like a worthwhile collection of mini-game distractions. I know Nintendo Land gets a lot of flack, but it's actually really good. Is Wario the same?

What are your thoughts on Game and Wario?

This thread might be closed, but I'll just copy-paste my thoughts while it's still up. A slight edit to reflect my thoughts since playing Snapped, but otherwise, they remain exactly the same.

First off, I enjoyed the game, but I can definitely say it's the second weakest WarioWare game I played (the absolute weakest being Snapped. G&W is playable, at least)

Now, let's get to the minigames. I like Gamer the most for some reason. Ashley is also fun, and Patchwork isn't bad, either. The others aren't the best, but I don't hate them enough to complain...

...except for Design. Seriously, who thought that minigame was a good idea? You are supposed to draw lines, circles and such a specific size. If you're like me, you had to guess the sizes of these things and hope you got lucky. Once I finally got lucky, I never went back to it ever again.

The unlockables are a great addition, and I'm still working on getting all of them. Of course, I like sound tests for some reason, so I'm trying to unlock those especially. The thing I hate, though, is that the next thing is always random, so I have to hope I'm lucky there, too.

The story is typical WarioWare fun, and that's always a good thing, so no complaints there.

Overall, it's a good game but it's not as good as most of what came before, and I'm unsure of any hopes of a more traditional installment on the Wii U, though I can respect that they probably wanted to try something different. If this idea gets used again, I hope it gets more refinement, but it was a good first try.

I don't think it was terrible, far from it. It was just an attempt at a different WarioWare experience that didn't turn out as well as it could have. I, for one, enjoyed it: most games are fun (especially Taxi and Ski, though I also like Ashley), and it still has good old microgames by the means of 18-Volt Gamer. There are many hilarious unlockables, and Miiverse Sketch is also a pretty good idea. I guess there could have been more to the games, such as implementing some microgames to them (like in the Mega Party Game$ multiplayer games, kinda) or more stages, but I was pretty satisfied.

The thing is that it's not even close to being as good as earlier games of the series, but that doesn't make it bad.

Wish I could buy the minigames seperately. So many of them just don't interest me.

I've always been surprised mini-games weren't sold on the eshop. 1$ mini games? I'd buy a small handful for sure! I guess Nintendo distributing Wii Sports Club sport-by-sport didn't really benefit the cause though....

Back