Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Mixed feelings

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

blanche

Wario Fan Supreme
Love her or hate her, she's becoming Mario's new "it" girl.

latest

Definitely mixed feelings. She's not a horrible character, but she's definitely an over promoted, overrated one. She's a decent one note character that worked well in exactly one game, and then got put into others for no real reason but popularity.

It's kind of like if Groose started appearing everywhere in the Zelda series.

Definitely mixed feelings. She's not a horrible character, but she's definitely an over promoted, overrated one. She's a decent one note character that worked well in exactly one game, and then got put into others for no real reason but popularity.

Groose is god damn awesome though.

Well, they might have loved the character in Japan, such popularity only reflects her appearence in other recent Mario games.
I'm not a fan of here, she was kind of a less "peachy" Peach, per se. Sources state that she might be Mario and Peach's daughter, maybe that is why she appears everywhere? To be honnest, she is a weird character all together, but likable.

That would be unfitting... Rosalina is a bit different from Groose, as he is stuck in that part of Zelda's timeline.

Interesting how Rosetta became such a popular character, yet we don't really see her in Mario Galaxy 2.

... Did I say Rosetta?

She had her role in the Galaxy games and I don't mind her there, but ever since 3D World she has appeared in almost every new Mario game since then, with the sole exeption being the newest Mario VS Donkey Kong, there is such a thing like overkill.

I'm just sick seeing her everywhere, Nabbit from New Super Mario Bros U is a good example of how to keep a new character around without being obnoxious, since he only once got major promotional attention (Super Luigi U ), and isn't around all of the damn time, so he doesn't overstay his welcome, if Rosalina would have been used like that,if Baby Rosalina was never created and she kept her old voice I wouldn't complain at all, but as it is I have grown to despise her.

Oh yeah and her design is fucking lazy, I get that she was supposed to be related to Peach at some point during Galaxy's development, but that never became a thing, so there is no reason for her to look like a slightly taller Peach with a emo haircut anymore.

Well, they might have loved the character in Japan, such popularity only reflects her appearence in other recent Mario games.
I'm not a fan of here, she was kind of a less "peachy" Peach, per se. Sources state that she might be Mario and Peach's daughter, maybe that is why she appears everywhere? To be honnest, she is a weird character all together, but likable.

That would be unfitting... Rosalina is a bit different from Groose, as he is stuck in that part of Zelda's timeline.

Interesting how Rosetta became such a popular character, yet we don't really see her in Mario Galaxy 2.

... Did I say Rosetta?

Well admittedly, Groose was a random example, cause Zelda actually has a timeline and canon.

But the point stands. Rosalina is a popular character, but she's like any other character; you don't want her chucked into games for the sake of it. And her last few appearances have been... just for the sake of it really. Just for the (non sexual/romantic) fan service aspect.

It's like having the Koopalings or Bowser Jr in EVERY new Mario game. They're not. Nintendo has been wise enough to realise that both could have been getting overused and wisely decided to alternate their appearances somewhat to avoid that. 3D Land and World had neither.

If you want to know how that can be annoying, well, think of any character people really like from the Mario spinoffs or platformers. Fawful, Dimentio, Geno, the Massifs, Popple, maybe Vivian, etc. Now imagine if Nintendo put them in every Mario game from here to about 2026. Even their fans would get a bit tired of them, and that's the situation with Rosalina.

To be honest, what's happening to Rosalina now, happened to Wario... Just wait and a Rosalina game will come out!

Rosalina getting a game would be great, if only because it would make her character a tad more deserving of the popularity.
There you go, my thoughts exactly. That's the only thing she is lacking, but until then, she is just another Peach.

Haha, I actually do kinda think Rosalina is the "anti-Peach" of the Mario universe. I mean, her personality is more.... ummm.... demure(?) and she does act just a little more mature than Peach, in the party game at least. And her design is kinda opposite of Peach too : p Her dress is blue, less pomp and fluff, and her hair lays more flat and covers her face a bit. Shes also more "magical" than Peach, I dunno how to describe Peach here : p But not magical, maybe more playful, I guess.

I kinda like all of this, though. Being someone who prefers female characters, its kinda nice having an alternative to Peach (Daisy doesnt really count).

Though I generally just use Birdo anyway : p Shes much more fun and interesting than any generic princess character. I guess that would be one thing I dont like about Rosalina, she didnt have to be another princess character : /

Ahh, Rosalina. I sort of have mixed feelings for her. I don't hate her nor do I love her, sort of in between. She's a cool character, right? At the same time, it's just how much she's appearing in every Mario game, even in 3d world.

She was important in one game, but for some reason came to a lot of others. I hope Ashley ends up popular enough to be in spin-off Mario titles.

She had her role in the Galaxy games and I don't mind her there, but ever since 3D World she has appeared in almost every new Mario game since then, with the sole exeption being the newest Mario VS Donkey Kong, there is such a thing like overkill.

I'm just sick seeing her everywhere, Nabbit from New Super Mario Bros U is a good example of how to keep a new character around without being obnoxious, since he only once got major promotional attention (Super Luigi U ), and isn't around all of the damn time, so he doesn't overstay his welcome, if Rosalina would have been used like that,if Baby Rosalina was never created and she kept her old voice I wouldn't complain at all, but as it is I have grown to despise her.
Rosalina has become nothing more than a slightly more important Daisy at this point. She's no longer as special as she was made out to be in the first SMG.

And to tell the truth, I actually wanted Nabbit to be playable in Mario Kart 8.

Oh yeah and her design is fucking lazy, I get that she was supposed to be related to Peach at some point during Galaxy's development, but that never became a thing, so there is no reason for her to look like a slightly taller Peach with a emo haircut anymore.
Yeah, I don't get this either. Her earlier design must have been from when they did have that planned, which makes it weirder.

Rosalina's design always struck me as being like... a slightly "improved" version of Peach? People never liked Peach much as a character but I remember it being particlarly bad around the Wii era, when Ninty kept pushing her into the damsel role despite there being no need of her even appearing in games, and the plots were getting almost a parody of themselves. I'm willing to bet Rosalina was probably an experiment to make a likeable Peach character; same face and general features, but more elegant dress, more modern haircut, and less cartoony personality. It also feels like people recognize Peach's value and personality more now that Rosalina is there to contrast with both her and Daisy (Peach feels like the sweet to Daisy's feisty and Rosalina's calm/serious). Had they kept her original Fairy Godmother-like design, I bet she would've stayed as a one hit wonder, but maybe they had these plans of adding her to the cast and that's why her change of design was made? ...no proof here, just speculating.

Back