607 plays Piano

What kind of instrument do you play? (if more applicable, select your main)

• Cello, violin, or some other string instrument.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
How many points do I have, Piwi?
14! d:)
Code:
Youtube/forums Username (you can ask this to be changed into some other name) - CP earned lifetime : CP possessed at the moment.
1.  Vodazvezda           - 39 : 9
2.  DjKrazy              - 38 : 38
3.  wariolandgoldpiramid - 33 : 33
4.  Sachrock             - 30 : 30
5.  FoxyRavenger         - 27 : 27
6.  metaknight356        - 26 : 26
7.  Travis Graham        - 25 : 25
7.  EvKem                - 25 : 25
9.  haastregt            - 17 : 17
10. Miss_Peevle          - 15 : 15
10. Pizza Chew           - 15 : 15
10. Jelle68              - 15 : 15
13. AIO inc.             - 14 : 14
13. BlueJackG            - 14 : 14
15. Luckygreenbird       - 10 : 10
15. Dufne                - 10 : 10
15. ShyguytheGamer1      - 10 : 10
15. nltimv               - 10 : 10
15. Lauwenmark           - 10 : 10
20. Ethy202              - 9  : 9
21. JoeKar 2             - 7  : 7
22. Seanawesome14        - 5  : 5  
22. Rhythmically         - 5  : 5
22. Kaizimir             - 5  : 5
22. Hashhog              - 5  : 5
22. testman12345         - 5  : 5
22. Lukas3226            - 5  : 5
28. TomvanWijnen         - 4  : 4
As you see by the difference in CP at the moment and CP life-time, Vodazvezda is the only one who actually ever spent CP at something d:p

I uploaded this some days ago, but I hadn't yet shared it here, so here you go! Its CP hasn't been claimed yet either d;) (and same for the previous video)

"Yay! ^.^
Bubble Dizzy is a sweet little game that was released on quite a few systems. It has an interesting concept and I think the DOS version was executed very nicely.
The music's very nice too! Interesting is that all versions seem to have different music. ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Commodore 64, DOS... for some reason the themes are different for all of them.
I really like the DOS music, though, so that's what I'm playing here!
This is the Title Theme. The main theme is really nice too, but I haven't figured out arranging that for piano. I might look into it again, once, but no promises.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy my performance! It is of course not flawless, but it doesn't have to be, in my opinion.
Nobody has been answering questions from these videos lately, but I'll keep asking them as somebody might once be tracing back through these videos to farm some CP. If you want more information on CP, please refer to folk.simpsite.nl/cp.
On to the question: What's the name of the whale in this game? If you're the first to correctly answer the question, you'll get 7 CP! :)"
https://youtu.be/hiPebgLTZGU

The last one for a while! d:)

"Oh, Lemmings! Such a great classic!
I grew up with the DOS version of the game, with the AdLib music. It's mostly the same as the Amiga and Atari ST versions, but these themes are often in a different key, and sound different due to different sound capabilities.
This is Pachelbel's Canon, the theme that'll be the first to play in DOS Lemmings, and the second in Amiga Lemmings. The video footage is from "Just dig!", Fun 1, because that's the first level most people would play, and thus the first level they'd hear this theme in.
This game was released in 1991 by Psygnosis. The soundtrack was composed by Tim Wright and Brian Johnston, of which I'd guess this one is from Tim Wright, but I can't be sure.
While performing this theme, I was listening to the original music on my MP3 player, so I could be sure I stayed at the right speed.
For the CP question this time you'll either have to know some neat facts or use your internet skills. This game was developed by DMA Design. This company has since changed name and develops a popular open world action-adventure video game series. What is now the name of the company that was once DMA Design?
Be the first to answer the question correctly to earn 7 CP.
I hope you enjoy the video! :D"
https://youtu.be/L8Uqw95lr6M

"The first piano video of mine in a little while!
I recorded 5 (five! d:eek:) new videos earlier this week. This theme, the Overworld theme for Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, composed by Koji Kondo, is one I had actually learnt and recorded much earlier. However, I lost the SD Card the recording was on, and didn't rerecord it for a while as I had lost most of my grip at it. I've been practising it again though, and I think I was able to do it well enough now! Not flawlessly by far, but I don't mind, as this is a tough song to play, and I still think it sounds good.
And I succeeded at editing the video and recording gameplay! The technical problems were quite frustrating as always, but oh well... d:p

How many watermelons does Yoshi grab in this video? Be the first to give the correct answer to this question in the comments to earn 7 CP. d:)"
https://youtu.be/5KCxJJsY-oY

As of posting this, the CP hasn't been claimed yet!

"A simple but nice tune by Kozue Ishikawa.
This was the first theme with two melody tones at one time I learnt to play by ear! It was definitely a good learning theme, it being fairly simple but also interesting."

The well known nursery rhyme Mary Had a Little Lamb, performed on piano.
I didn't play it flawlessly, but I don't think it's got to be perfect.

Everyone who shares their favourite April Fools joke of the year in the comments before April 4th will get 7 CP. :)

"Here's the theme from the Training Course in Yoshi's Island, composed by Koji Kondo!
Did I play it perfectly? No! Am I content? Yes! This theme is quite fast, and although it is simple it is easy to make mistakes.
And in fact, it's hard to even play it twice, as my right arm really starts to hurt near the end. d:p
I really like this piece! It's holding a bit of suspense for you, leading up to the first level. It's not unsettling, but also not comforting. It's very nice!
And yes, it is indeed repetitive, but that's no problem, as this level is extremely short."

"Finally! It's out!
Whew. I started learning this back at the beginning of summer last year, a bit after my previously uploaded Pachelbel's Canon, and recorded this theme during my piano session back in January. I finally got to recording the game footage, and, the worst part, editing the video. You'd think that after working with Lightworks for a year or two I'd be beginning to understand it, and I guess I am... but I still couldn't figure out how to successfully fade the video to black at the end. d:p I found a topic on the support forums that I started 4 months ago, probably for another video. Back then I had given up on it, but now I wanted to keep trying: and I succeeded, eventually. I think learning Lightworks will be rewarding in the long run, but it sure is frustrating. d:p
Anyway! About the music! A lovely theme composed by Tim Wright. It's got 3 voices, and for every section I chose two to arrange for piano, as it didn't seem doable to do all three. I think it sounds quite nice regardless. d:)
I do hope I'll once be able to record another Lemmings theme (I arranged six last summer), but I might have to do it on a slower speed, as some of the Lemmings themes are incredibly quick!

You'll earn 7 CP if you're the first to answer the following question correctly in the comments: how many builders did I use in the gameplay video? If you can do arithmetic, you don't need to keep count necessarily. d;)

And now, I'm off to create the thumbnail!"

"Ah, it's nice to get this out!
I learnt this theme quite a while ago, but I never got quite good enough at it to record it. I kept flopping up the last bit especially. When I finally got good enough at it, I decided I wanted to record it at our home piano, as I had found an instrument combination that I really liked the sound of. But it was quite hard to find a moment to record. Then, after my summer vacation started, I had quite some opportunity to record, when my siblings were at school. But I hadn't practiced it in a while, so it took me a bit to get back into it.
But this week I recorded it! It was a really hot day, and because of that, and because this theme, although being relatively simple, can be quite a challenge to get right, it took me around a dozen of attempts before I got one I was happy with.
That was this one. It still isn't perfect, but it doesn't need to be, for me. There are probably better covers of this theme out there anyway.

This is the Princess Zelda theme, from Ocarina of Time, released for N64. It was composed by the almost legendary Koji Kondo (he will probably become legendary after he dies... which hopefully might be a while away still). It's a very nice theme, and fun to play. I think this might actually be the first theme I've uploaded where I make heavy use of the sustain pedal. But it's really nice here.
I've tried getting started playing Lon Lon Ranch as well, but that was a good bit more difficult, and, not having played the game myself, I wasn't motivated enough to keep going.

I'm not a big fan of the lighting and overall video quality here. I couldn't seem to fix it, however, with how bright it was outside and inside.

As mentioned, this performance wasn't perfect. In fact, I pressed a key I shouldn't have pressed, close to the end of the piece. Be the first to put the time of the mistake in the comments (e.g. 0:34) to get 7 CP. d;)"

"Here's a simple theme to start off a series of performances I recorded last week. d:)
This is the Treasure Map theme, which plays in the Level Select of Wario Land II. I wanted to include footage of the game, but video recorded from a real Gameboy Color doesn't look too nice... so I just kept it vanilla.
This is quite a nice theme by Kozue Ishikawa, I like how it works. It's also very easy to learn and play! When playing it one time, I decided to play chords with the left hand, which sounded nice. I played the chords in the video when I repeated the tune for the second time. d:)
As always, I had trouble getting the video right, even though I wasn't even using any special effects, this time... so I gave up on Lightworks, and used Shotcut instead. It worked much better. d:) I'm not sure if Shotcut can do advanced effects like the DVE's I've used in for example my Lemmings videos, but I'll take a look around the program.
In any case, I don't want to have to bother with Lightworks for all five of these performances, as really, I'm getting fed up with that. Sure, it might be a professional program, but it features professional bugs, inconsistenties and logical fallacies as well. d;)
(PS: Somebody also suggest kdenlive to me, I'll check that out. d:))

Be the first to answer the following question correctly to earn 7 CP: How many levels/treasures are there in Wario Land II in total?"

A very simple tune, but it's catchy, and I wanted to share it! d:)

"My last piano video was uploaded 4 months ago. This is, however, from the same session. I've finally got the time and willpower to continue uploading. d;)
I was trying to get video footage of the game to go with the theme... but I couldn't find any footage that was so long, and I also didn't manage to successfully download and install the game. My father used to have it on CD-ROM, but we lost it. I couldn't even find a picture of the logo without other stuff on it, so for the thumbnail I used part of the cover image. This game isn't too popular, is it? d:p
This is the theme that plays in-between the mode select and the start of the actual race. It's a very short theme, because you aren't supposed to spend too much time listening to it, as you should go on to the race. However, it is really catchy, and although repetitive, I don't mind hearing it over and over. d;)
It was fairly easy to figure out, and really easy to play, so I decided I'd record it. d:)

To earn 6 CP, be the first to answer the following question: who developed this game?"

Last edited:
A very simple tune, but it's catchy, and I wanted to share it! :)

"My last piano video was uploaded 4 months ago. This is, however, from the same session. I've finally got the time and willpower to continue uploading. d;)
I was trying to get video footage of the game to go with the theme... but I couldn't find any footage that was so long, and I also didn't manage to successfully download and install the game. My father used to have it on CD-ROM, but we lost it. I couldn't even find a picture of the logo without other stuff on it, so for the thumbnail I used part of the cover image. This game isn't too popular, is it? d:p
This is the theme that plays in-between the mode select and the start of the actual race. It's a very short theme, because you aren't supposed to spend too much time listening to it, as you should go on to the race. However, it is really catchy, and although repetitive, I don't mind hearing it over and over. d;)
It was fairly easy to figure out, and really easy to play, so I decided I'd record it. d:)

To earn 6 CP, be the first to answer the following question: who developed this game?"

Nice. Reminds me of another race game; F-1 Race for the Game Boy.

who developed this game?

Aren't they named Codemasters?

Reactions: 607
Two videos at once! I hadn't got to posting the first one, yet. d:p

"This is a nice tune. I was playing it a bit too fast here, but I don't think that's too big of a deal. It gets the point across. d:) And I'd say playing faster than intended is more impressive than playing slower than intended. d;)
I wanted to get game footage for this video, and it actually took a lot of asking around before I managed to get a save file for this game... I didn't want to have to beat it all on emulator, just for these piano covers. d:p"

And one I'm really proud of:

"Finally! :D
This is one of the covers I'm most proud of. I spent a very long time writing down the melody for this in GarageBand, using both my hearing and sometimes a module of a bad Amiga version.
It was quite tricky, but I think it's very close to the original, now. d:) Learning to play the tune was also quite tricky, especially the last unique part, as it's got 3 voices.
It is really, really fun though, and it sounds great on piano. d:)
For some time, I tried playing the theme as fast as possible, but after a while, I had to admit that reaching the original speed would probably be impossible. However, as this tune is so amazing and I had spent a whole lot of time on it, I did want to make a video of it. I decided to play it on half the speed of the original.
It's actually a bit faster than 50%, and I usually play it a little faster still. But like this, I could do the tune almost flawlessly, and it is still very powerful. d:)

For the CP question, you won't need to do any Googling... be the first to answer to get 6 CP: when was this game published?"

More Wario Land! (and even more coming up, some relatively soon, some later)

"It's been a while since I recorded on this piano! It's at born_ego's, who composed parts of the Barbarossa soundtrack. But I doubt any of you remember that. ;)
I was here for over a week, though, and the piano is in very good shape. I could borrow born_ego's camera and record!

This is the Night version of the Map theme in Wario Land 3. It was composed by Kozue Ishikawa. I did the Day theme long ago, see the card. It is very nice. :) It sounds similar to the Day theme, and yet very different as well.
It's not too fast, so I was able to play it very well.

When I last edited a piano video, I don't think I had VEGAS Pro yet. I do now, and used it for some colour correction. It really made for a great improvement! The original camera file looked really sombre.

Be the first to answer the following question correctly in the comments to earn 7 CP: what's the lowest note played in this tune?

Enjoy your day!"

https://youtu.be/2BBn-S-LqiQ

Nice work! I like how you can just play these with such ease. I sometimes try to play some video game music, but I can't get much further than the Grass Land theme of SMB 3, so seeing you playing this motivates me for practising more.
BTW the lowest note is C2#, if I'm correct.

Nice work! I like how you can just play these with such ease. I sometimes try to play some video game music, but I can't get much further than the Grass Land theme of SMB 3, so seeing you playing this motivates me for practising more.
BTW the lowest note is C2#, if I'm correct.
Yup, you're right. d:) Please answer in the comments of the video though, so other people can see the answer as well, and know that someone got it already.
Does it seem like I play things with ease? That's nice, I do like to play that way. It is quite challenging for me, though. This tune is rather simple, but on harder tunes... there's also two tunes I've been practising for years, and I recorded them yesterday as well... but the first one isn't quite perfect, and the second one actually has a bit I messed up (but I played that part twice, it's repeated, and the first time I did get it right). I'd prefer my covers on YouTube to be of higher quality, but if I'm not content with these I'm afraid I might never get to upload them... It's just really hard to be so consistent, especially while under pressure from audience or recording.

Oops, I took a while uploading the next one. :P
This is an arrangement of the Bubble Bobble theme on the Amiga, itself arranged by David Whittaker. The arrangement I did is very good, I'm quite sure: I arranged it a while ago, and at some point realised that there were multiple mistakes in my arrangement, and I had to relearn parts of it. But now it's, as far as I can tell, pretty much perfect to the original!
It's a lot of fun to play, too! This was my last try for the day, and it was my best one, as I didn't have any major mess-ups, and I got the end right, which is very hard, as you can see the left hand needs to make quite some large leaps back and forth. However, it's still not at all flawless. In the beginning I was sniffing a lot for some reason, which is a bit annoying to me, but moreover, I hit some wrong notes here and there, especially in the introduction. Also in the introduction, at the beginning, I hit the C's way too loudly, I'm not sure why. :P At 0:48, I do clearly hit the key, but for some reason the note didn't play. That's unfortunate, but you'll have to imagine it in. :P
But well: if I want to upload covers that are on my level as well as covers that are way below my level, I will have to upload imperfect covers! I don't have opportunity to record often, and not for hours at a time, so I can't grind performances until I get a great one. And honestly, I don't think I'd enjoy that! So if I want to upload some of these fun harder themes, I'll have to settle with a fun performance, instead of an impressive one. :)

Anyone commenting with regard to the cuteness of the game, the theme, the characters, or something like that will get 7 CP. ;) (http://folk.simpsite.nl/cp)

Oops, I took a while uploading the next one. :P
This is an arrangement of the Bubble Bobble theme on the Amiga, itself arranged by David Whittaker. The arrangement I did is very good, I'm quite sure: I arranged it a while ago, and at some point realised that there were multiple mistakes in my arrangement, and I had to relearn parts of it. But now it's, as far as I can tell, pretty much perfect to the original!
It's a lot of fun to play, too! This was my last try for the day, and it was my best one, as I didn't have any major mess-ups, and I got the end right, which is very hard, as you can see the left hand needs to make quite some large leaps back and forth. However, it's still not at all flawless. In the beginning I was sniffing a lot for some reason, which is a bit annoying to me, but moreover, I hit some wrong notes here and there, especially in the introduction. Also in the introduction, at the beginning, I hit the C's way too loudly, I'm not sure why. :P At 0:48, I do clearly hit the key, but for some reason the note didn't play. That's unfortunate, but you'll have to imagine it in. :P
But well: if I want to upload covers that are on my level as well as covers that are way below my level, I will have to upload imperfect covers! I don't have opportunity to record often, and not for hours at a time, so I can't grind performances until I get a great one. And honestly, I don't think I'd enjoy that! So if I want to upload some of these fun harder themes, I'll have to settle with a fun performance, instead of an impressive one. :)

Anyone commenting with regard to the cuteness of the game, the theme, the characters, or something like that will get 7 CP. ;) (http://folk.simpsite.nl/cp)

Nostalgic memories in 3, 2, 1... ^_^

Don't worry too much about your little mistakes, though. It sounds great.

• Friendly
Back