A new project for WL4 ROM hacking and Level Editing

shinespeciall

shinespeciall@gmail.com
Coins
You can share your final hack in the discord server, and we can upload your hack to a webpage full of WL4 hacks.
this is the site: Wario Land 4 Hack Vault
P.S. the address of the site will change, so pay attnetion to the discord server or the github repository of the website.

MustangFan

Gamer
Coins
Thanks! But, Something VERY Weird Happened In The Editor. I Had Just Finished Up The Hall Of Crecent Moons 3rd Room,
But Now When I Open My Rom And Go Into The Level, There Is Just A Black Screen. Do You Know Whats Up With That?

shinespeciall

shinespeciall@gmail.com
Coins
Thanks! But, Something VERY Weird Happened In The Editor. I Had Just Finished Up The Hall Of Crecent Moons 3rd Room,
But Now When I Open My Rom And Go Into The Level, There Is Just A Black Screen. Do You Know Whats Up With That?
Do you have a bakcup of your rom? i mean the modified one. the editor is becoming more stable in the recent few months but we are still unsure if the editor will corrupt the rom or crash by itself during the editing. Send me your rom patch file in the discord (PM) and i can try to see what's wrong with the data in the rom and what need to be fixed in the editor. and tell me which version you were using when editing the level. You really should use the latest unofficial build i made in the discord server, they are more stable.
@MustangFan

shinespeciall

shinespeciall@gmail.com
Coins
i think you had better not posting the rom file here, but using bps file instead, make a patch file based on the vanilla rom for every hack, before Nintendo doing some legal actions. tho i have downloaded the modified rom already, xD. @MustangFan
And here is a manual way to fix your rom:
first, you need an hex editor
then open the rom with the hex editor and go to address 0x790158 (this is a hex, not decimal)
you will see this:

then modify these 3 bytes into F4 FE 78 08 like this:

and save the file then you can edit your rom on the editor again.
Since you did not told me which version of the editor you are using, and your editing details to cause the crash, so i cannot help you more about it.

Last edited: