A Tale of Two Wario Land 4 Trailers...

CM30

Diamond City Mayor
Diamond City Leader
Just thought it'd be interesting to look at the different Virtual Console trailers for the game.

On the one hand, the American one seems to be less a trailer for the game and more a trailer for the Emerald Passage, since you see absolutely everything from the Emerald Passage and sod all from anything else in the game:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6-0fsNZ1OS90s5f0uDytvPesLE5qBoDY

And then you've got the UK one, which is better (to me), because it shows off other levels like Crescent Moon Village and the Curious Factory.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Game-Boy-Advance/Wario-Land-4-267596.html

Which is funny, given that they probably showcased them a bit too much. Literally half the trailer is clips from ether Crescent Moon Village or the Curious Factory...

Wonder what the Japanese trailer is like...

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/software/vc/parj/

Well that's crap. It's pretty much a video of the Hall of Hieroglyphs. Disappointing.

I like how they rated Wario Land 4 ''comic mischief'' in the first video. That's with pretty much every Wario Game.
But anyway, the first video is still the best I think.

Comic mischief; the most useless rating warning ever.

It's like what... every cartoon ever? Then again, they've also got one for... brace yourselves...

Cartoon violence.

Yeah.

TomandJerry.jpg

Got to warn those parents about Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry!

Edit: Apparently it gets more stupid. You can apparently have 'mild' cartoon violence. Or for that reason, the incredibly stupid 'fantasy violence'. Or in the case of Wario Master of Disguise, crude humour. Yeah, that's the rating term.

Last edited:

I think the UK one is actually quite good. The US one, not so much, and the Japanese one... I think any of us would do much better. That one was really bad.
Also,
US Nintendo said:
20 huge, puzzle-packed levels
20? How?
And this is still misleading.

UK Nintendo said:
Four guardians stand jealously over the four sections of the pyramid. Wario will either have to defeat each guardian, or activate a switch and escape before time runs out!

20? The four passages with four levels each. Plus the Hall of Hieroglyphs, Golden Passage and the golden Diva...
That's only 19 levels! Nintendo is lying to us!Grrr:
I want my money back!

I think the UK one is actually quite good. The US one, not so much, and the Japanese one... I think any of us would do much better. That one was really bad.
Also, 20? How?
And this is still misleading.

Yeah, those are really bad descriptions. Did they just get the 20 number out of thin air, or round it up to make it sound better?

And the boss stuff with the 'or escape before the timer runs out' stuff is just plain wrong.

20? The four passages with four levels each. Plus the Hall of Hieroglyphs, Golden Passage and the golden Diva...
That's only 19 levels! Nintendo is lying to us!Grrr:
I want my money back!

Golden Diva is one of the 6 bosses. So there's 18 levels and 6 bosses

Did they just get the 20 number out of thin air, or round it up to make it sound better?

probably the latter

Back